What alternatives to a DC5 would you buy

dc2-cjh

mikegsi said:
peugeot 306 1.9 turbo diesel - 0-62 in around 17 seconds, 55mpg :xlol:

oh and this little winter project/summer toy!!

MK Indy kit car with a modified hayabusa engine pushing a claimed 200+bhp (will get it on the rollers to verify once ready) and weighs around 450kg
Thaps awesome mate - I dont have a garage at present though and one parking space so no where to store such a toy :-(

sinbad

Advanced Member
Stylesa said:
Aly said:
You been in one? i was in one just recently and i hated it... horrible noise in the cabin and car felt really lurchy and heavy in the bends... i wasnt driving though.
each to there own but i think the 350z makes one of the best noises.
Heavy....yes, but very balanced and a great drivers car once you ring its neck.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
sinbad said:
Stylesa said:
Aly said:
You been in one? i was in one just recently and i hated it... horrible noise in the cabin and car felt really lurchy and heavy in the bends... i wasnt driving though.
each to there own but i think the 350z makes one of the best noises.
Heavy....yes, but very balanced and a great drivers car once you ring its neck.
Outside the car they sound really good, but inside the noise was much different, didnt like it at all. but like you say, depends on the individual!
Yeh that was only my impression from the passenger seat, im sure driving it is quite different.

Stuart_M

mikegsi said:

MK Indy kit car with a modified hayabusa engine pushing a claimed 200+bhp (will get it on the rollers to verify once ready) and weighs around 450kg
Seriously wondering about whether to go down this sort of route as well Mike can imagine these things are a hell of a lot of fun?, was thinking about getting a Westfield Megabusa, or cossie equipped one as they may be better for road use rather than the bike engine?,that along with a boring diesel for the everyday stuff.

Other than that its pretty hard trying to replace a DC5....if I dont go down the Westfield route, i'll either get another DC5, EVO8 MR FQ340, FD2 prob still a bit much cost wise at the moment and I dont think I could love it like a DC5, only other thing that I thought of a little bit was a late model Nuvola white Alfa 147 GTA..look and sound lovely but unfortunately seem to come with big bills like the EVO.....

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
I'm in the middle of deciding on stripping the teg or selling it as it is, in order to fund (once second runaround is bought!)...

currently looking at 350Z GT4's again or a JDM white one, else Sylvia S15 Spec R

silverdevill

Advanced Member
I have 2 daughters and have recently been looking at the litchfield sti forester......practical, 330bhp 4 doors...etc etc.....

jay82

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:

you build this yourself :?:
thinking of taking on one when i get the house and shed up

firthy22

Advanced Member
All the Supra, 350z, M3, Evo and Scoobie owners I know complain about the upkeep and poor fuel economy. Although you know when you buy these cars it isn't for any of those reasons.

The poblem is that so few cars give DC5 level of performance, comparative low running costs and reasonable fuel consumption when driven steadily. This is the reason I own a DC5 and use it as my daily driver so I can enjoy my drive to work without breaking the bank.

The only car I would consider instead is an FD2 Civic Type R, I think they are the perfect car, not necessarily better than the DC5, just a bit more practical with 5 doors.

mikegsi

Staff member
jay82 said:
you build this yourself :?:
thinking of taking on one when i get the house and shed up

bought it as an unfinished rebuild project, majority of the work had been done, but the owner just didnt have time or motivation to finish it, plus he needed the money for other things...

already sva'd etc, but had been taken off the road for a service respray and general tidy up... also the engine wasnt running properly.

just about sorted now, nothing is ever simple and one thing often leads to another, but just the 'cabin' area to finish rebuilding and renewing then she's good to go \:D/

bought it in October and been spending all my spare time on it!

Tophalfteg

mikegsi said:

See now THAT is a drivers car :twisted:
I would even be tempted to sacrifice the RX7 to have something like this in the garage, and I love the RX!

mikegsi

Staff member
yours isnt that bright orange one is it? up Teesdale used to be parked outside one of the pubs?

Tophalfteg

No mine is silver with a carbon fibre wing (smallish, not full on GT size) I need to log onto my pc to load up a few photos I think.

bigdave2608

I.ll go back to lotus again one day....love the jim clarke special.....failing that a nice honda mod s2. I loved my s1, just needed more top end