What anti roll bars are you using....

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Maybe best for you to sit in a member's car during a track time who has the front or rear arb's and feel for yourself.

They do make a difference but not everyone notices these things like some people are very sensitive to spring rates and some don't notice it at all etc

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
RE Spirit said:
Maybe best for you to sit in a member's car during a track time who has the front or rear arb's and feel for yourself.

They do make a difference but not everyone notices these things like some people are very sensitive to spring rates and some don't notice it at all etc
Hi mate.

I've been in Coyote's on track and on a normal road and it's very tight. That's the impression I got from it but it's going to feel different to driving a car rather than being a passenger.

I just want it to feel like my old CRX used to be, could throw it into any bend and the thing just didn't budge or roll or anything. I appreciate the Teg is a bigger heavier car but it feels really poor handling wise in comparison.

My old CRX or 306 GTI6 would destroy the Integra in the handling stakes, the GTI6 was standard suspension wise apart from the rear wheel steer had been eliminated.

beppe786

Beppe
Crazylegs said:
Hi mate.

I've been in Coyote's on track and on a normal road and it's very tight. That's the impression I got from it but it's going to feel different to driving a car rather than being a passenger.

I just want it to feel like my old CRX used to be, could throw it into any bend and the thing just didn't budge or roll or anything. I appreciate the Teg is a bigger heavier car but it feels really poor handling wise in comparison.

My old CRX or 306 GTI6 would destroy the Integra in the handling stakes, the GTI6 was standard suspension wise apart from the rear wheel steer had been eliminated.
mine is on stock anti roll bars set up on j's coilovers.. immense handling back end is planted.. even if you drive like a dickhead lol! i think it's more on the right spring rates and suspension..

my blue old one i didn't feel as confident..

Linus27

Advanced Member
My DC5 is on stock springs and suspension and feels very nervous, especially the back end. My EP3 which had Eibach's and JDM rear ARB felt very planted. I am hoping that Spoon Springs, fast road setup and uprated ARB will improve my DC5.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
beppe said:
mine is on stock anti roll bars set up on j's coilovers.. immense handling back end is planted.. even if you drive like a dickhead lol! i think it's more on the right spring rates and suspension..

my blue old one i didn't feel as confident..
Ha ha!!!

I drive like that all the time lol

Coilovers defo helping then on your car.

Linus27 said:
My DC5 is on stock springs and suspension and feels very nervous, especially the back end. My EP3 which had Eibach's and JDM rear ARB felt very planted. I am hoping that Spoon Springs, fast road setup and uprated ARB will improve my DC5.
Mine isn't nervy nervous however it certainly doesn't inspire confidence.

Grinspeed said yesterday that the rear standard ARB on the DC5 is the equivalent of a JDM EP3 ARB and mine doesn't feel planted at all.

I think a thicker, stiffer ARB for the rear will be my next port of call and then eventually sack the Eagles off as they're dross ha!

Linus27

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Ha ha!!!

I drive like that all the time lol

Coilovers defo helping then on your car.

Mine isn't nervy nervous however it certainly doesn't inspire confidence.

Grinspeed said yesterday that the rear standard ARB on the DC5 is the equivalent of a JDM EP3 ARB and mine doesn't feel planted at all.

I think a thicker, stiffer ARB for the rear will be my next port of call and then eventually sack the Eagles off as they're dross ha!
Haha I have Eagles on mine also and they are terrible. I think this is the problem because as soon they were fitted, the car felt like jelly and lost that touring car feel. I have a set of AD08's that will be going on at the same time as the fast road setup and Spoon Springs so I am hoping this will cure my problems. Might as well get an uprated rear ARB fitted at the same time :)

Certainly interesting that you have Eagles also.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I ran cusco front and rear on my old dc5 with adjustable drop links, cost a bit but the drive was a lot firmer. Put my oem rear onto the ep3 and the difference was instantly noticeable.

I'd definitely buy them again but probably stick to some slightly tougher hardrace drop links. Along with some spoon / eibach springs and some slightly firmer bushes she should go quite well on UK circuits

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
I'm under the impression that it's a bad idea to upgrade the front one?
But a good one to upgrade the rear, and aid rotation?

OliverV

i got the UltraRacing one and i havent been installing it yet, but the RSX has 19mm bar in the rear and i think it will have huge difference with the 25mm UR bar.
i am running on D2 coilovers too, should i set them softer or harder? when the rollbar is now stiffer..

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I have spoon springs. Frsu. Standard roll bars. RE070 front tyres and re00 rear

Cannot fault handling at all. I do not doubt uprated arb will help but I've not yet been on track

spooke

Advanced Member
tristanpalmer said:
I'm under the impression that it's a bad idea to upgrade the front one?
But a good one to upgrade the rear, and aid rotation?
Correct, I'd look into upgrading the rear first before the front, but there will need to be a balance between the two. I've not tracked my DC5 yet but it feels pretty stable, I can imagine though at high speeds it will feel light.

Gareth88

Advanced Member
I have the progress 24mm rear and ultra racing 25mm front with eibach coil overs; I love it =] I went for the two because as I understand it the rear introduces oversteer at its limits.. so by stiffening the front as well your increasing the roll rigidity of the whole car so retaining the cars oem characteristics so to speak but with a higher threshold. My description and or understanding of it might be well off but either way I love the result =D

FireDance

Advanced Member
I have progress rear ARB with a J's racing front strut brace lowered on Spoon springs with a FRSU

I will be looking for a front ARB soon so am interested to see people's opinions on this thread