What do people think?

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Ive literally just got home from having some work done on the Teg,

I have had the headlights replaced for new, a new front engine mount and inserts and a new clutch fitted by a reputable garage highly reccomended on here,

However I have 2 concerns,

My first is that one of the new headlights has immediately fogged up (right side) is this normal as the other side looks fine and it makes it look a bit excrement

IMAG0536.jpg

My second is that I now have a rather loud knocking noise when going over speed bumps and sometimes when going around a corner, again any one know why this may be based on the work I have just had as this wasn't there before,

Any help greatly appreciated as I don't want to whinge let alone for no reason!

Many Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Headlamp condensation is relatively normal I think.

Noise wise, if it wasn't there when you took it in, you should at least ask the question for them to check.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
The same day as me fitting brand spanking new headlights they've steamed up also mate, apparently it's quite common - 🙈

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
I'll ask them about the knocking but I feel it may be to do with the inserts on the engine mount,

The fog in the headlights being common seems a little bit off to me, although I appreciate this may be common, surely that should be unacceptable? Lol I'm sure I'm just being a n bitch but if they know it's common should it not be sorted?

Thanks for your speedy replies though guys!

dave7368

Advanced Member
i had new headlights last September and never have had any fogging / condensation in them.. maybe they react to beige paint.

Sonny1

Advanced Member
I fitted new headlights a few years ago and they always steam up in the colder weather

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
i had new headlights last September and never have had any fogging / condensation in them.. maybe they react to beige paint.
Brilliant input as always mate 😂😂

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
ScottyDc5 said:
I fitted new headlights a few years ago and they always steam up in the colder weather
Thanks for the reply mate! It seems it's normal unless your super Dave!! Haha,

Just would be nice if it was normal for them to sort it! Lol

Sonny1

Advanced Member
I've always wondered do aftermarket headlights steam up like the oem ones

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
ScottyDc5 said:
I've always wondered do aftermarket headlights steam up like the oem ones
Interesting point considering I only went oem assuming it would be the best! I'm sure I could of got some cheaper and apprently maybe better! 😵

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
i would be talking to the people who supplied and fitted them first.. i had the same last year, one was fine the other fogged up almost immediately, it was exchanged for another unit and not a problem since, your knocking could be lots of possibilities...

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
I am tempted too as I feel I have bought a faulty product, there not supposed to fog up at the end of the day!

With regard to the knocking, if it wasn't there before, and they've changed the front mount, added inserts, and changed the clutch, does that give any ideas as to what it could be?

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I'm going to be honest, I haven't got the foggiest idea why.
Round of applause for this one, I should of seen it coming,😂

The fogginess needs sorting but just seems like a bit of a grey area to me! 😂😬

I won't quit my day job!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Round of applause for this one, I should of seen it coming,😂

The fogginess needs sorting but just seems like a bit of a grey area to me! 😂😬

I won't quit my day job!
Ha ha ha!! 😂 😂 😂

maxvr6

Advanced Member
From what you have said the knocking is most likely to do with the engine mounts, perhaps they forgot to torque one of them up, when changing these there really isn't anything else you have to remove to get to them, at least nothing that would cause a knocking sound, so id say that is the likely culprit, but you wont know for sure until someone has a look of course.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Brilliant input as always mate 😂😂

He's right though,...i too bought new headlights and zero issues. (But mine is beige) haha

Did you buy new rubbers to put on? For the sake of another £20 it's definitely worth sticking on new rubber caps etc, and also its not the warmest at the mo so any cold / damp thats got in will likely not help. Pop the caps off, go for a drive and with the heat of the engine it should clear them. Then put he caps back on.

Failing that, wait for the warmer weather, do the same but leave it for a few days and then pht the caps back on. Its fairly common on the new preface headlights if people changed them in cold weather / environment.

As for the knock, it could be that something isn't quite tight so definitely worth a trip back. Most likely a bush or subframe maybe not done up as tight. Definitely get that checked out

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
He's right though,...i too bought new headlights and zero issues. (But mine is beige) haha

Did you buy new rubbers to put on? For the sake of another £20 it's definitely worth sticking on new rubber caps etc, and also its not the warmest at the mo so any cold / damp thats got in will likely not help. Pop the caps off, go for a drive and with the heat of the engine it should clear them. Then put he caps back on.

Failing that, wait for the warmer weather, do the same but leave it for a few days and then pht the caps back on. Its fairly common on the new preface headlights if people changed them in cold weather / environment.

As for the knock, it could be that something isn't quite tight so definitely worth a trip back. Most likely a bush or subframe maybe not done up as tight. Definitely get that checked out
Thanks man! Yeah I know he usually is! Haha

I'll check it out but I will be taking it back so they can have a look but I live 1.5 hours away so bit of a pain in the arse!

Gotta do what I've gotta do!

Thanks for the tips! Il try it out and let people know!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
Because of the extra air cooling the beige ones get being faster. ;)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk