What do people think?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I've always wondered do aftermarket headlights steam up like the oem ones
My aftermarket ones never misted up (the ones that came on the car when I got it), I have since added new OEM lights and they do in very cold weather, I think this is common on these and all newer cars tbh where they are using higher power led lights which get hotter whereas the outside temp is colder so this causes it imo.

It's not ideal but not a major issue and I just put up with it through the colder periods

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
They probably just get moisture inside during storage and transport. Then footed and sealed with the rubber cap, so nowhere for it to go.

Silica pouches may help.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sonny1

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
My aftermarket ones never misted up (the ones that came on the car when I got it), I have since added new OEM lights and they do in very cold weather, I think this is common on these and all newer cars tbh where they are using higher power led lights which get hotter whereas the outside temp is colder so this causes it imo.

It's not ideal but not a major issue and I just put up with it through the colder periods
That clears that one up for me. Thanks Carl

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

Just to say got it all sorted today, they were very helpfull as usual, checked everything over and put some grease on seals of headlights however they where willing to replace them if needed and had got them in stock just in case, so really good! Tightended everything underneath and had a good look around and everything seems ok now, very relieved!

Thanks for all your replies once again!