What exhaust system to go for?

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I've had quite a few over the years, lived the noise created by the buddy club pro spec and currently running a fugitsubo power getter but my favourite by far has to be the Rm01a. It's nice and quite but gives an awesome tone once in Vtec along with a nice bit of induction, so many places shipping in for great prices to for me it's pound for pound it ticks all the boxes

alan-lee said:
Mmmmm.. Need a 3"!

Looks good though!
It makes so much sense and they're pretty ;)

So much so that my baby boost project (Mk2 US spec CRX Si) is getting a nice custom 3" too. Got ya keep that love in the family ;)

Gordon

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Hey,

anybody driven the Skunk2 Megapower RR (3") with OEM Manifold?
Is there any drone?

Cause i just ordered mine for most hp, but since its a DD, im now curious if its not too loud :)

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
I have a skunk2 megapower exhuast system and it sounds awesome however I will be selling the back box very soon if any one is interested.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Couldn't decide what exhaust to go for, there are soooo many options for the DC5.

I was torn between the Ktuned 3" system, or the Toda because I love the burn tip look.

However, I ended up going for the Spoon B pipe and Spoon N1 backbox for now, there are just too many exhausts to stick with just one for the life of owning the car.

Darren4

Advanced Member
Anyone got the 3" solid fabrications exhaust system? Heard it's not that much more louder then stock, except in vtec lol

miki1212

Advanced Member
i have a solid fab 3'' great exhaust, is much deeper note than most of the exhausts avaliable, almost like a quiet scooby on idle, if that makes sense??, a nice tone and not too loud throughout the rev range..

Darren4

Advanced Member
miki1212 said:
i have a solid fab 3'' great exhaust, is much deeper note than most of the exhausts avaliable, almost like a quiet scooby on idle, if that makes sense??, a nice tone and not too loud throughout the rev range..
Thanks for the mini review, sounds very nice and I've heard the b pipe doesn't hang as low as a spoon for example? Does yours catch on speed bumps?

Fez

Advanced Member
I still stand by solid fab exhuasts, loved mine. But after buying an off the shelf system, the weight difference is unbelievable, my full apex'i system is much, much, lighter that just even the back box of my so-fab one. But then he does also make titanium... Lol

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
'Guys the Skunk2 76mm arrived but the flange to the cat is a 2-hole flange.

I wonder if this is a fault, because oin the parcel it says ACURA RSX-S. Orderer from tegiwa.

I mean - why do i buy a exshaust if there is a wronge flange...

integraleo

Advanced Member
Darren4 said:
Thanks for the mini review, sounds very nice and I've heard the b pipe doesn't hang as low as a spoon for example? Does yours catch on speed bumps?
Very personal opinions on exhausts. I had 3" solid fab with full size middle box and normal size rear box...wasn't the volume that was an issue it was the drone. Made good power but sold it after 6 weeks as it gave me a headache

Fez

Advanced Member
Tuneboy said:
'Guys the Skunk2 76mm arrived but the flange to the cat is a 2-hole flange.

I wonder if this is a fault, because oin the parcel it says ACURA RSX-S. Orderer from tegiwa.

I mean - why do i buy a exshaust if there is a wronge flange...
I remember when i wanted one skunk2 says its not a direct fit.

Just checked tegiwas website and it says this

"Note:
Not a bolt-on system; basic welding and fabrication required."

But the photo does have a 3 bolt. Message them and see what they say.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
The Skunk2 76mm needs some fabrication, is no direct fit for the ITR.
You need to do some welding/fabrication. It is made for the Skunk2 header

With the Skunk2 header an adapter is included to go from a 2 bolt to a 3 bolt design.

Linus27

Advanced Member
I've just bought a J's Racing 60R back box to go with my Spoon b-pipe and Spoon 2-1 manifold. Fingers crossed it sounds sweet :)

dave7368

Advanced Member
i have a spare 3'' solid fab. back box section if anyone is considering 3'' custom on a budget.

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
I welded the Skunk2 76mm together last week and i must admit i really really like the sound!! Its deep and "educated" - not like the most, farting civics :p

You can listen to it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB_dq7gFOE0

But it does not fit really well, its constantly touching the chassis, i have to reweld the whole section 3 for that but i will do it in near future. Second is the drone. Really annoying / loud in the cabin. Outside is ok. I bought some alubutyl to cover the interieur with that - lets see ;)

As my car got registered few days ago, i had it dynoed. It was a dynojet and the car made 230hp w/o tune. Just the 3" catback plus tegiwa m intake.

All in all i wouldnt buy again, but now as i heared it from the outside i decided to keep it :)