What tyres to go for!??

MrRy

Advanced Member
Drove my ad08rs on 225 width (including ice and snow) for over a year. Went to re050a in standard 215 width, better everywhere except on track. I'd try re070 but 225's rub my arches unless I set suspension to super stiff. End of the day the car was designed for 215's on a stiff sidewall, and the 050a's are simply the best tyre I have had.

type_r_baby

I would vote uniroyal rainsport 3's as a very good cheap tyre. I have also had AD08's but i rate the rainsport 3's better in wet but the AD08's are much better in the dry

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
There is a section for tyres
We cover this so many flipping times
Try using the search function for christ sake

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
There is a section for tyres
We cover this so many flipping times
Try using the search function for christ sake
Hahaha! Someone's got 'bored of duplicate threads'

But yeah, to be fair this has been covered a lot :roll:

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
All well and good but tyres get discontinued and trends change old threads don't update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truupR

Advanced Member
type_r_baby said:
I would vote uniroyal rainsport 3's as a very good cheap tyre.
I used rainsport 3's on my DC5 when I had it. Went from eagle F1's to rainsport 3's after speaking to a few lads at the garage. As soon as they went on they felt a lot better than the F1's ever did. So good in fact that I put them on my R33 GTR too

ekchris139

Advanced Member
The new Michelin PS4 is probably the best all round tire on the market at the minute.

It replaced the Michelin super sport

spooke

Advanced Member
Another vote for AD08R's, although they aren't great with standing water, but driving sensibly they are fine. Rainsport 3's are great for a winter/rain tyre but aren't in the dry.

I went from some budget Yokohama ECOS which had the softest tyre walls ever - the car was bouncy and wobbling all over the road. As soon as I drove the car with AD08R's the difference was insane, felt like I'd just fitted some super stiff springs :D

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I've used Goodyear Eagle F1 and Bridgestome RE070. Both are very good tyre. The Eagles are better in the wet and generally as an all round tyre, but the RE070 feel more durable (lasted a fair bit of track use) and do feel better on track.

I'm going to try the AD08R next as it appears they might be the best of both worlds.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
delsoljon86 said:
congrats

😂

All I would say is burn all Pirelli p7000, they are simply dangerous and scarey!

Relieved to have something different fitted after some sketchy 25mph round about incidents!

Zaypher

I'm currently using ad08r. It's not too bad in dry condition but can be nervous in wet.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

matt_hodgson

Just to share my recent tyre experience, a cautionary tale...

Mine had RE11s on when it was imported, which were on their last legs.

Out of a combination of laziness, price and convenience I put four 215/45/17 Continental Sport Contact 5 XLs on.

It's hard to put into words how awful they immediately felt compared to the RE11s - felt like they were made of jelly by comparison. The sidewalls are not very stiff despite being XL, and the sharpness of turn in has completely gone. A flick of the wheel at higher speeds feels wobbly and like it might fishtail - quite scary, not planted like it used to feel.

That said, you kind of get used to them (or forget what you once had), and they do ultimately give decent grip, particularly in the wet.

And I now glide over pot holes and speed bumps like I'm in a Citroen - which isn't such a bad thing living in London.

Cheers
Matt

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Can't wait to get mine off! comfy tyre, and great and not slipping etc, but too soft a sloppy for this type of car. Looking forward to fitting AD08Rs

Darren4

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Can't wait to get mine off! comfy tyre, and great and not slipping etc, but too soft a sloppy for this type of car. Looking forward to fitting AD08Rs
You'll love em, except for them lovin to get tiny stones to stick and flick everywhere lol.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Darren4 said:
You'll love em, except for them lovin to get tiny stones to stick and flick everywhere lol.
Yup. I have what I thought was a slightly gravely entrance to the garages when I had the Goodyears on. With the Yokos it's sounds like I've gone through a gravel trap. They're like bloody flypaper ha ha.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Yup. I have what I thought was a slightly gravely entrance to the garages when I had the Goodyears on. With the Yokos it's sounds like I've gone through a gravel trap. They're like bloody flypaper ha ha.

+1 for this. Came off track and the tyres were just collection every stone on the road, which scared the crap out of me on the way home when they would flick off. The fact the car was stripped inside made the noise worse lol