What's latest on tyres all?

griffy

Advanced Member
Cheers Fez, thanks Chris. Totally transforms the car, been on F1's extra loads for 10 years. These kick ass I'm quite surprised just how good they feel

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Cheers Fez, thanks Chris. Totally transforms the car, been on F1's extra loads for 10 years. These kick ass I'm quite surprised just how good they feel
So many people run F1A3 and I'm not sure why, they really are quite average compared to what else is around.

ijlh

Advanced Member
is anyone using the Pilot Sport 4 or pilot super sport? They seem to offer all the grip you could ever need on a road car, whilst still being sensible and comfortable all year round. But haven't heard a lot of peoples review of them on a DC5...

ekchris139

Advanced Member
JHilton said:
is anyone using the Pilot Sport 4 or pilot super sport? They seem to offer all the grip you could ever need on a road car, whilst still being sensible and comfortable all year round. But haven't heard a lot of peoples review of them on a DC5...
Go to the previous page. I run pilot sport 4 for half the year and AD08R for the other half.

PS4's are a great all round tyre but AD08R's hammers them in every way except wet grip.

Midnight

Advanced Member

Really enjoying the R888R, granted not an all season tyres but much improved upon the original R888 for damper conditions. Still I wouldn't recommend them for anything but dry days.

But those dry days are pretty damn grippy!

Wear is pretty impressive also, doesn't require too much to get them up to temperature yet wearing really well.

BigCarlo

What about pirelli p zero tyres? Has anyone used them my mate has them on his megane and he was going well at the track

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mardgee

Advanced Member
I know its up for a debate that you need a baffled sump to run semi slicks but how far down the path can you go with tyres before you need one?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Mardgee said:
I know its up for a debate that you need a baffled sump to run semi slicks but how far down the path can you go with tyres before you need one?
I'd say with semi slicks you really should be using a baffle.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Brother basically destroyed a evo engine running semi slicks and having oil starvation. Albeit the evos being a bit more prone. But the principle is still the same, more grip means more oil running to one side of engine/sump.

Baffled sump basically slows down the process to try and prevent oil starvation.

Still not 100% but narrows the % of destroying crank/rods/bearings etc.

Mardgee

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I'd say with semi slicks you really should be using a baffle.
I agree as I would always think preventative but say 595 rsr?
They are nowhere near a AD08 or R888 but some put them in the same category.

adam.

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Brother basically destroyed a evo engine running semi slicks and having oil starvation. Albeit the evos being a bit more prone. But the principle is still the same, more grip means more oil running to one side of engine/sump.

Baffled sump basically slows down the process to try and prevent oil starvation.

Still not 100% but narrows the % of destroying crank/rods/bearings etc.
Where was this?

I'm doing Brands Indy in the Evo tomorrow with R888R !

Midnight

Advanced Member
On the road, right hand corner. VIII MR and ended up starving the bottom end of oil.

An expensive lesson for him.

NR used to do a baffled sump, also Ross Sport offer a small kit for the evo which will help but there is NO 100% solution unless you go 'dry sump'. You just shorten the % of it happening with the baffled kits.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Darren4 said:
Did you have a baffled slump in your Evo Chris?
No because everything I read suggested the don't work in an Evo and should get a dry sump instead. Shortly after I sold the car and bought the DC5.

Which now has a broken gearbox!