What's latest on tyres all?

Darren4

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=446966

Not really a drop in solution like the clockwise for DC5. But as Chris referred too earlier. For couple hundred it shortens the chance of oil starvation.

If you're a serious track person / competitive use you will not beat a dry sump kit. But they are pretty expensive.
Ha you knew where i was going with that then :). Some good advise from you both so thanks.

Mardgee

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
For the sake of a few hundered quid, I'd argue why not just get it done for piece of mind?
I agree, just didn‘t want to cause any trouble on the first track day ‘shakedown‘ after buying one.
Thanks for the help all :)

H_5hum

Advanced Member
That was quite an interesting read in regards to the Oil Starvation.

I know it is slightly off topic, but whilst we are on it - would this necessarily happen whilst driving on the road? Or is it only known if you thrash it around the track?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
It is unlikely to happen on the road, but never say never. Golden rule is if you're running semi slicks then get the sump done. If you're on ultra high performance tyres such as AD08R then get it done for track and I'd probably argue to get it done for the road anyway.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Less likely to happen on the road with e.g Toyo T1R tyres.

Mainly when the grip of the car forces oil in the sump to stop at one side and starves the rest / internals.

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Lol thanks for the replies though.

My tyres are not due for replacing yet, but when I do I don't think I will be going all out on Semi Slicks as I don't plan to go all out on track anyway.

But it's good to know still.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
ekchris139 said:
Really want to see what those pilot cup 2 tyres be like on a dc5
They look decent and the PS4 get good reviews. If I end up butchering my tyres on Anglesey then I may have to invest in some.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've got RE070's on mine. They're a bloody chunky heavy tyre and you can really feel the heaviness through the wheel imo which is why I won't go for them again. Don't get me wrong they're a great tyre for the price, nice and wide with a stiff sidewall and track orientated tread but I'll either go AD08R or try Michelin Cup 2 next time.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Just gone with RE070 again.
AD08R didn't get on with.

£356 supplied & fitted, bloody bargain.
In what way did you not gel with the AD08R John? Interested to know.

Cheers!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Just didn't find they had enough of an advantage in the dry to justify the god awful wet driving.

Re070 will lose ground on a track, but are useable in all weather :)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

ekchris139

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
They look decent and the PS4 get good reviews. If I end up butchering my tyres on Anglesey then I may have to invest in some.
I use to run ps4 on the teg. Found them good but a bit numb. In the wet they are unbelievable, on track they are good but go off fairly quick

I run AD08R all year round now. Would like to try RE070 though

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Just didn't find they had enough of an advantage in the dry to justify the god awful wet driving.

Re070 will lose ground on a track, but are useable in all weather :)

That's interesting, I'd have thought they'd be good in the wet and even better than the RE070's which aren't great in the wet at all.

The AD08R's are substanially more expensive too than either PS4 or RE070's.

Do you not find the Bridgestone's to be heavy no?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Don't think there's much in it weight wise, I was using the same size 225/45 though.

I find re070 useable in the wet, no pushing it, but not at all worrying. Ad08 I could feel letting go all the time. Terrifying if you got caught on a motorway in a downpour.

It's all subjective with tyres though and they were under 3mm when I took them off, so it may have been a factor.

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Recently removed the S Drives (came on car from Japan) and the Avon ZV7s that Torque put on. Didn‘t trust the S Drives as they were dated 2013 and looked past their best, I don‘t like using mismatched tyres and wasn‘t feeling the ZV7 after 700 miles use. Replaced with 215/45 AD08R all round, something like £380 fitted at home.

Used to use the older AD08‘s on my old Elise, only issue I had was a brown pant moment on the M6 with standing water, so more than happy to put a set on the DC5. Regret selling the Elise for many reasons!