What's the biggest bill you've had for the 5?

jrscho

Advanced Member
DC5Jack said:
Two big bills for me. First one was £2800...

Needed a new diff & bearings, upgraded to wavetrac at the time
Gearbox stripped down & checked
Engine mount
Knock sensor
Speedo drive
DBA Discs, Ferodo pads, braided lines and fluids. Plus service items and an MOT

Second one was for a little over £2K

Needed a new front subframe as someone had decided to cut the frame to get to the sump in Japan presumedly
Sump had a hairline crack, so was cleaned and welded up
Eibach pro springs, arms and bolts installed
Plus service items and MOT again

Luckily no big bills this year but the service and MOT is due within the next 2 months so somethings bound to crop up by then.

Jack
Holy crap! I thought my bill was big.. Car must've felt totally different after though? :) and people say Hondas are cheap to run :/

Fingers crossed MOT will go smoothly!

Going abit off topic, but How is the wavetrac diff? Might change diff in the future but still a good while yet!

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
jrscho said:
Holy crap! I thought my bill was big.. Car must've felt totally different after though? :) and people say Hondas are cheap to run :/

Fingers crossed MOT will go smoothly!

Going abit off topic, but How is the wavetrac diff? Might change diff in the future but still a good while yet!
I think it's karma coming back and biting me. I didn't have any bills other than services, tyres & insurance with my EP3. I haven't even have any other bills with the 5 other cars i've owned. I've only had a clutch master cylinder and a clutch cable go on 2 cars in 12 years of driving. They were both changed on the drive with the help of my dads mate. The DC5's looking good for the MOT this year. Hopefully.

Absolutely love the Wavetrac. So much better than the OEM diff. Just hooks up and fires you round corners, great fun :xgrin:

Jack

jrscho

Advanced Member
DC5Jack said:
I think it's karma coming back and biting me. I didn't have any bills other than services, tyres & insurance with my EP3. I haven't even have any other bills with the 5 other cars i've owned. I've only had a clutch master cylinder and a clutch cable go on 2 cars in 12 years of driving. They were both changed on the drive with the help of my dads mate. The DC5's looking good for the MOT this year. Hopefully.

Absolutely love the Wavetrac. So much better than the OEM diff. Just hooks up and fires you round corners, great fun :xgrin:

Jack
Thats not too bad then! Those big bills you've had split into 12 years isn't as bad if you think about it that way lol :p I just got my MOT a few months ago luckily!

Hmm i'll keep wavetrac in mind, i have quaife and i've heard its one of the worst lol i dont know though, no experience with other diff's!

YENRAV

Advanced Member
In 5/6 years of ownership, excluding service items & mods, my car owes me a bulb & battery.

I do all my own work with help from my dad & mates.

Biggest bill would be full front end respray £600.