Wheel size/offset issues........

mikegsi

Staff member
dave c said:
mikegsi said:
afaik the spoons are a 25mm drop,
Yeah i think thats the same as the eibachs, (eibachs might be only 20mm) i know that the spoon springs do actually sit lower.

Do you have any pics of the car with the wheels on mike?

No mate didn't get any

mikegsi

Staff member
They were rubbing on the outside, just as the tread starts becoming sidewall, the drivers rear was the worst (15clem in the driver may have helped with that!)

as the wheels span the rubber it was cutting off was whipping the bodywork just above the arch as well

As for clearance, the wheels were sticking out slightly further than the arch and when parked I could only just get my finger in the gap

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Maybe I was running more negative camber which allowed it to clear the arch.

I guess its not safe to shave the edge of the tyre off :-k

mikegsi

Staff member
Looking at the centre of gravity sheet there's loads of different adjustments and tweaks

if I'm looking at it properly toe in/out is set to -1.2mm on both rear sides, camber on rear drivers is set to -1•01' and rear pass at -1•02'. (the • being a degree logo!!)

I know nothing of camber and toe in adjustments, so how does that compare?

tron2k3

Advanced Member
-1 deg camber seems to be the average for a fast road setup but potentially I think the rear adjustable arms allow upto -1.5 degrees and maybe mine was slightly more, I honestly can't remember what my settings were and I don't have the sheet anymore.

I'm sure JT had the same rota's with the same offset a while ago and he was also running 225 re070's but on Buddy club suspension maybe he has the geo settings off his car to compare.

mikegsi

Staff member
Looking at the pictures again they seem to have the top of the tyres further in than mine were, wonder if that's down to my camber/toe settings having been done on different sized wheels?

mike,
you have 7 variables here,,

wheel width ,wheel ET, tyre size, sidewall attitude, camber, suspension lowness, arch roll option.(ignoring the normal Honda factory chassis missalignment).
On our Buddyclub road Demo car without wide body conversion(by the way wide body is road legal actually) we run 17x8 ET35 with 235 R888 tyres (similar sidewall to RE070.)we rolled the arches a bit to avoid catching.

Your situation seems perculiar, we would fit your sizes to a std car without any issues, unless there is something that needs looking at with your general chassis set up.?

If you would like us to take a look at it in person please call me. :)
regards,
Paul,

mikegsi

Staff member
Cheers Paul, think I'm gonna try getting my geometry settings checked/adjusted for those wheels, hopefully that should sort it and I'll be able to put them on

No probs mike,

maybe you would like to bob over from Darlington (a short hop to preston) and we will gladly take a look at it and advise you..while your occupying youself in our own Baby...?

Regards,
Paul,