Wheels what fits and how they look

dave7368

Advanced Member
satinep3 said:
I'm thinking of getting these too :) does you know what sprigot rings you need etc ? What tyres are they supposed to have on them on the evo ?
you don't need spigot rings, a complete waste of time and money. but do make sure you get the evo wheel nuts. i have evo 8 wheels which are same size, with 225/45's on eibach springs with no rubbing

maxvr6

Advanced Member
That's quite an aggressive fitment, no rubbing? Arches rolled? Much camber? 225/45 front and back?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
That's quite an aggressive fitment, no rubbing? Arches rolled? Much camber? 225/45 front and back?
Was thinking the same. There is a nice set of 9J wheels for sale at the moment I may be interested in.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
I do get rubbing but car is lowered I have rolled rear arches, I think some camber arms at rear and a bit more neg at front and it should be ok, 225/45 all round

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Michael1 said:
I'm currently looking at 17x9 et30 with the same tyre set up, am I pushing it? Hah.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldnt want any lower offset than mine. If any thing a +45 rear +40 front would be best

Michael1

mike.williams said:
I wouldnt want any lower offset than mine. If any thing a +45 rear +40 front would be best
Damn, I'd love to see your arches. How much more pull could they handle before looking gash?

Michael

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Michael1 said:
Damn, I'd love to see your arches. How much more pull could they handle before looking gash?
Michael
I am talking about unmodified arches by the way. All i have done is roll the rear lip up and cut a section of front arch lining where it rubbing slightly then bent the lining tab up. There is now no tire contact

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
bought these wheels recently... this is how they were on previous owner's pre-facelift..

Enkies RS01 Split Rims:
~ Front: 17x8 et30 on Bridgestone 205/45/17
~ Rear: 17x9 et35 on Bridgestone 205/45/17

tico_87

Advanced Member
Honda1980 said:
I'm not sure yet as I haven't collected them but il know tomorrow
haha should of checked all that before buying them :p

Desmond Regamaster;
Front = 17x8j et35
Rear = 17x7 et35
Fitted with Bridgestone RE070 225/45/17

Sorry not the best pictures.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Most rega's are slightly too low offset for a dc5. If you have comitted to buy without knowing sizes. I hope you get very lucky

tico_87

Advanced Member
Just to help you;

7j at the front

8j at the front

8j at the back

Sorry no test fitment picture of the 7j at the back

Honda1980

I love the way there sitting on your car in the first pics and I haven't fully committed to buying them yet have only provisionally bought them depending on the offset and width so I will know for definate tomorrow