Wheels what fits and how they look

Jack01

Thanks for the links - could not find using the Sparco brand and model.

Have you fitted the new set yet?. Any pic's?. Have a facelift in Championship white, so wondered what the silver graphite would look like against the matt black on mine?

Devapage

When it's dropped then will send in specs but that's a 17x9 build on 215/40/17 tires buddy club p1 rims

Jack01

Red.

On the Sparco Assetto Gara alloys are you running 225/45/17 tyres? I am going to to Bilstein B16 coilovers all round, so don't want any rubbing issues.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Currently have 17x8.5 et35 wheels with a 215 45 tyre.

Wanting reduce the stretched tyre look so looking to go to a Bridgestone RE070 in a 225 45.

Arches are already rolled. Will this work?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I recon they would fit.

A few people have run 245/40/17 17x9 et 45 square set up.

If you compare yours to that it will only poke out 3.6mm more, but the stretch on the tyres with 225 will prevent any rubbing.

Plus there's a guy on Instagram who's running 8.5 et30 SE37k's on 225/45 square without issues. Just be mindful you might need to run some camber so camber arms are a must. :)

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Cheers for that reggie.

I do have adjustable camber arms so that isn't an issue.

I will just have to raise the car a bit more and have a good amount of camber. Ideally I didn't want more than 1.5 degrees camber but I'm going to have to.

Just seen on Instagram a chap running evo 9 wheels which are 17x8 et35 and he has the 225 re070. Looks good! How much more would my wheel stick out over his?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Alex_Wilson said:
Cheers for that reggie.

I do have adjustable camber arms so that isn't an issue.

I will just have to raise the car a bit more and have a good amount of camber. Ideally I didn't want more than 1.5 degrees camber but I'm going to have to.

Just seen on Instagram a chap running evo 9 wheels which are 17x8 et35 and he has the 225 re070. Looks good! How much more would my wheel stick out over his?
Yours will poke approximately 6.5mm more than the Evo wheels

crasherkid

Advanced Member
They're only available in ET35 though, and from what I've read through briefly on this thread, they are going to rub without having my arches rolled.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Work Emotion 11R
Width - 17x8
ET - 47
Lowered 25-30mm

Will they fit without arches having to be touched?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

SnejVTEC

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
Work Emotion 11R
Width - 17x8
ET - 47
Lowered 25-30mm

Will be perfect! :) Depending on tire size though.
What tire will you be running?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
SnejVTEC said:
Will be perfect! :) Depending on tire size though.
What tire will you be running?
225 hopefully mate

Kenz

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
Work Emotion 11R
Width - 17x8
ET - 47
Lowered 25-30mm

I was looking at these wheels in this spec, have you considered seeing if they will do a staggered set? The 7j et 47 with a 215/45 rear tyre won't need any arch work.

That's the set up I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
I was looking at these wheels in this spec, have you considered seeing if they will do a staggered set? The 7j et 47 with a 215/45 rear tyre won't need any arch work.

That's the set up I was thinking.

I haven't contacted driftworks yet, I'm going to ring them soon I can find out for you when I do or if you want to ring them yourself

Kenz

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
I haven't contacted driftworks yet, I'm going to ring them soon I can find out for you when I do or if you want to ring them yourself
I think I'm picking up a set of se37's. 7.5 et 48. Praying they don't rub with a 215/45 tyre.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
I think I'm picking up a set of se37's. 7.5 et 48. Praying they don't rub with a 215/45 tyre.

215 should be fine I've heard mate