Wheels what fits and how they look

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
7.5 rear et30
8.5 front et45

Will the rears fit full stop? If so, do I need rolled arches?
Will the fronts fit without spacers?

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
17x8 et 45
245/40R17
Front fits, like a glove.
Rear doesn't fit at all! Will get tight even with Rolling.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

mike.williams

Advanced Member
if you roll the rear arches, you will not have a problem with them rubbing due to the camber gain in the rear under compression plus the rear wheels dont turn.

my older setup rear is 17x9 +49 245/40. car is driven on track with no issues

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
if you roll the rear arches, you will not have a problem with them rubbing due to the camber gain in the rear under compression plus the rear wheels dont turn.

my older setup rear is 17x9 +49 245/40. car is driven on track with no issues

whats the max on the rear without rolling arches would you say?

i had 225 that caught (lowered on coilovers) but that could of been due to the tyres being quite thick

mike.williams

Advanced Member
that i cant help with really, if you want aggressive fitting wheels the arches need rolling.

camber, tyre size, width and offset are too many variables

heres a different rear setup. 17x9 +40 with a 255/40, no rubbing but inside of bumper is trimmed

for anyone interested the fronts are +37 9j 255/40 here

you can see how there are so many variables as to what fits.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
that i cant help with really, if you want aggressive fitting wheels the arches need rolling.

camber, tyre size, width and offset are too many variables

heres a different rear setup. 17x9 +40 with a 255/40, no rubbing but inside of bumper is trimmed

for anyone interested the fronts are +37 9j 255/40 here

you can see how there are so many variables as to what fits.
back to the drawing board then, if its ok can i drop you a pm in a week or so to pick your brains a bit more

cheers

ollydc5

Advanced Member
mikeyw85 said:
Sparco Assetto Gara in Bronze. 17"x7.5J ET45 with Bridgestone RE070.

Love the look, I brought a set of these wheels a few weeks back in matt black and just off to have tyres fitted now :)

ollydc5

Advanced Member
ekchris139 said:
This thread is dangerous.

Makes me want new wheels
I'm in total agreement, I told the Mrs I wouldn't buy any mods but I've failed get again lol

mikeyw85

ollydc5 said:
Love the look, I brought a set of these wheels a few weeks back in matt black and just off to have tyres fitted now :)
Nice. They were a bastard to find in bronze. I got the tyres from oponeo a few weeks back, then later ended up getting the wheels from there too :S

Was set on some Rota Torques in bronze, but happy I went for these instead.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Was worth it buddy they look great against the White, bet they look even better in person.
Got mine through Larkspeed in the same size, came direct from Italy for £500 delivered which I thought was great. Loads of people have the Rotas so good to see something different.

Ersel

Advanced Member
My mates got 9j et42 rot as and he hasn't rolled his arches sits perfect just need 1/2 degree rear camber.. I'm going for 9j et25 lol

Smithy23

Anyone know the most poke you can have lowered 30mm with no arches rolled. Ive read right throu most of the posts on here and still not got a great idea.
Im thinking maybe 30 to 35mm?

Any help or pictures would be useful thanks