Which Coilovers?

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
I can second the fact that coyotes car handles better that a lot of coilover setups.

I've run both and from my experience unless your going to spend £600 minimum your not going to be any near the level of grip offered from a decent lowering springs with Frsu.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Just an added note, some more expensive coilovers may have a softer/road biased setup which I imagine would benefit from aftermarket ARBs.

For example when I had my Eibach coilovers on they were great on track (and road) but the one (and only) track they noticeably fell short on was the small, tight handling Stowe circuit at Silverstone. That is an exception mind.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
I spent 150 odd on springs and got the ARB 2nd hand for 100 notes. Cheapest set of coil overs will cost you 600 at least going up.
A mate of mine has BCs and he's driven mine and still thinks mine handles better but that could be down to settings dialed in.

Great you can adjust ride hight and dampers but good thing about springs is your know there always going to be right, unless you know what your doing with coil overs of course :)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
Coyote, im trying to message you about suspension setup but the site keeps saying you cant receive any more messages?

paul hughes

viggen said:
i was going to buy koni adjustable shocks with spoon springs for my cl9.but spoke to paul hughes and gave me a great forum discount,so it ended up being cheap to buy buddyclub n+.eveyone i spoke to said never use coilovers for a road car,they will be harsh,hard and uncomfortable.but the buddyclub n+ are the opposite.they where made for our bad roads.they are perfect for road use.
:lol: well said Buddy....We dont make bad copies of other companies coil overs....Buddyclub set the standards for other companies to strip and try and copy then Chuff up !! because they cant afford the internals :p

theres nothing rocket science about coil overs, its just down to what internals you use and how many hands they pass through before you receive them :)

1. use N+ for the road and track days,better than most drivers need.
2. use RSD for race cars and road hoooooligans. or uncompromising people who measure their lives in 10ths of seconds.
simple.

jasondc55

Advanced Member
Personal preference I have driven Ravinellis dc5 with Eibach coilovers very smooth ,precise and speed bump friendly and Ollydc5s Track slayer which had numerous amounts off stiffening upgrade using Buddy club N coilovers driving back from Donington after a day out on track and they are also very smooth although a little firmer than the Eibach.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
kazmo said:
aren't nitrons supposed to be pretty good
Indeed, they stick to the Tarmac like s**t on a shovel but they're stiff and very track focused. They were making some road/track spec ones but I'm not sure what happened to them.

dave7368

Advanced Member
blueguy said:
Indeed, they stick to the Tarmac like s**t on a shovel but they're stiff and very track focused. They were making some road/track spec ones but I'm not sure what happened to them.
I'm hoping they're going to be good

:D

dave c

400hp K20
dave7368 said:
I'm hoping they're going to be good

:D
hard to see that they will be an improvement over the eibachs (on the road) but I'll wait and see ;)

ps your brakes arrived ;)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
dave c said:
hard to see that they will be an improvement over the eibachs (on the road) but I'll wait and see ;)

ps your brakes arrived ;)
Totally agree, however someone's car might be pitching with Eibachs because of the power :shock:

dave c

400hp K20
blueguy said:
Totally agree, however someone's car might be pitching with Eibachs because of the power :shock:
I think the power is the issue lol not the eibachs. What is it, 400lb/ft torque? Firmer suspension will only exaggerate that on the road as the bumps will send it off course more easily.

Like i say tho, will wait see and would be happy to be proved wrong

dave7368

Advanced Member
I'm mainly changing because of the lack of adjustment on the eibachs.. as in there isn't any..
cheers for the heads up on the brakes.. xthumbsup they've been there a while now but been waiting for the correct bells to be made..

dotty

Advanced Member
aren't nitrons supposed to be pretty good

They're not making them anymore.

dotty

Advanced Member
I'm mainly changing because of the lack of adjustment on the eibachs.. as in there isn't any..
cheers for the heads up on the brakes.. xthumbsup they've been there a while now but been waiting for the correct bells to be made..

I was going to get some eibachs but picked up some zeal coilovers recently. Looking forward to seeing how they feel.

dave7368

Advanced Member
dotty said:
I was going to get some eibachs but picked up some zeal coilovers recently. Looking forward to seeing how they feel.
you could've had mine when the Nitrons go on.ha

MeisterR

It depends on what you are looking for as I see this tread went on for quite a long time.

For the basic fast road / occasional track days on a budget, the Zeta series will do fine for most DC5 members.

And for those looking to get the most out of a 1-way suspensions with the budget of around £1500, the new MeisterR GT1 will pretty much wipe the floor with any 1-way system including Ohlins DFV.
We have test the GT1 quite far out, including running it in an international road circuit on slick tyres to make sure the suspension do not fade...

For a comfortable road suspension that you can use everyday, then take onto the track and be competitive, we are pretty proud of what we accomplished.

Jerrick

maxvr6

Advanced Member
When will the GT1's be released for the DC5 as they are not listed on your site under the DC5?

blueguy

Resident J's whore
MeisterR said:
It depends on what you are looking for as I see this tread went on for quite a long time.

For the basic fast road / occasional track days on a budget, the Zeta series will do fine for most DC5 members.

And for those looking to get the most out of a 1-way suspensions with the budget of around £1500, the new MeisterR GT1 will pretty much wipe the floor with any 1-way system including Ohlins DFV.
We have test the GT1 quite far out, including running it in an international road circuit on slick tyres to make sure the suspension do not fade...

For a comfortable road suspension that you can use everyday, then take onto the track and be competitive, we are pretty proud of what we accomplished.

Jerrick
So you've tested them against the DFV's? And what criteria are you basing this on out of interest?

MeisterR

maxvr6 said:
When will the GT1's be released for the DC5 as they are not listed on your site under the DC5?
The GT1 are build to order in the UK.
So if you are interested, just drop me a PM and I'll answer any questions you may have. :)

blueguy said:
So you've tested them against the DFV's? And what criteria are you basing this on out of interest?
When you say test, it depends on how you define the test.

Quantitatively, yes. We know what shape graph an Ohlins produce and how it translate to real world driving.
So by looking at the FvD damper dyno at 140mm/s, we can interpret what the GT1 will be doing.
We have spend over 2 years, done over 100 dyno, and pump over 20 years of suspension engineering experience in the GT1.

Qualitatively is a different story. Because this is base on the feedback of driver so it is hard to reach a fair conclusion even if you are trying to limit external factor as much as possible.
But we have experienced drivers tested the GT1 across all type of scenario: from racing on slick tyres, driving a 4000 miles trip from UK to Italy and back, and everything in between.
We got a thumb up from all the drivers before we release the GT1 suspensions.

The GT1 piston are design from the grounds up, and it incorporate 20 years of experience in suspension engineering for road and race cars.
The CNC piston found in the GT1 are far more complex than most high end suspension on the market, and it is this complex design that allows us to produce a suspension that will ride nice on the road and grip hard on the track.

Jerrick