Which exhaust?

nails

Advanced Member
I don‘t have my DC5 yet, but when I do, I know the first mod will be an exhaust. I have been listening to various exhausts on youtube and reading past topics on here to get an idea as to what to go for.

I want something that makes the most of the vtec noise when in vtec. When driving normally I don‘t want something really quiet like the mugen twinloop for example.

In terms of looks, I really don‘t mind, it is more about the noise for me. Has to sound epic in vtec.

My brother used to have a civic Jordan and he had a spoon cat back, that thing sounded epic in vtec in my opinion. What is the spoon cat back like on the DC5? On youtube, I quite like the sound of the J‘s racing exhausts but I think I would go for the slightly quieter version. If I am liking the sound of the spoon and the j‘s racing, what others should I be considering?

One side note, I won't be de-catting.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Indy made a nice one for Kakimoto Regu 06&R - sounds epic in VTEC but very silent whilst on cruising speed (non vtec)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ZYj4F9NBc

Porthos also made one on cruise to compare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZxDmozVHU

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Spoon sounds the same no matter what honda its on, with a cat in its noticeabley less raspy around town bit I still love it.

Kakimoto do sound epic, much quieter than spoon on normal driving.

Ive recently swapped to a Toda system, best of both for me. Little boomy but fairly quiet when warm...but brilliant on vtec.

Videos don't do exhausts justice imo. Lol

Midge-1989

Advanced Member
For noise in vtec then I would suggest doing your air intake before/over exhaust. The tegiwa m intake is a popular, decent one, whilst the Arc is quite hard to come by but sounds amazing! Understand wanting to do the exhaust first though!

Matt-DC5

Advanced Member
I have a custom unsilenced 2.5" up for sale which sounds lovely. Vid can be found on my insta DC5R_Matt. Pm me for more info

nails

Advanced Member
I think the kakimoto might be a little quieter than what I am looking for, but like people have said, videos don't always do the noise justice.

The videos I have managed to find of the spoon do sound good, but a new system is going to cost around £1000 :xaiweb6:

J's racing sounds great but I think might be too loud, I don't want to be getting pulled over every 5 minutes.

What are the buddyclub and skunk2 systems like?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Really not a fan of the Spoon these days, just sounds a bit chavy if you ask me.

Maybe look at DC Sports exhausts, cheap, well made and sound nice.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Really not a fan of the Spoon these days, just sounds a bit chavy if you ask me.

Maybe look at DC Sports exhausts, cheap, well made and sound nice.
As said here, this is the one I have, sounds great

Indi

Advanced Member
Kakimoto regu 06&r is still my favourite for sound as it's just so unique but also do love the sound of Js racing 60rs.

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Has anyone on here got a Kakimoto Full Mega N1? - I was looking at one of these but have not heard it. I just like the look of it :D

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
H_5hum said:
Has anyone on here got a Kakimoto Full Mega N1? - I was looking at one of these but have not heard it. I just like the look of it :D
A mate of mine has got one on his new DC5. Haven't heard much of it tbh but id say it's pretty much just abit louder than Regu06&R. Id love one!

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
A mate of mine has got one on his new DC5. Haven't heard much of it tbh but id say it's pretty much just abit louder than Regu06&R. Id love one!
Can your mate record a decent video for us to hear please? :p

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
H_5hum said:
Can your mate record a decent video for us to hear please?
Yeah seeing him Thursday so will try to remember :)! Hopefully he'll sell it me ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
H_5hum said:
Yes...and yeah they do look good with the angle of them etc

Its actually quiet compared to the regu 06&R in standard form, my baffles aren't in there atall though, they have been cut out so its stupid loud. sounds brilliant unsilenced mind....much much louder than a spoon system. (Which I also have.) back to back tested haha i liked it beforehand though, id certainly have another. But used will be your only way now...and they will more than likely start to do what mine did which is fail inside due to age.

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Yeah I love the slanted look on the exhausts. When you mentioned yours started to fail, how did it affect the performance/noise?

I would assume it could be repaired? (i.e replace the exhaust cotton or something in the back box itself?) - obviously done by someone who can cut and re-weld - like Alan @ Solid-Fab.

nails

Advanced Member
After all this I am still leaning towards the spoon, it's unlikely I will ever de-cat. It is more possible I would change the header and intake one day, but that will probably be at least a year after the exhaust.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
You can only change the header and get one with an aftermarket sports cat, or change the 4-2 section for a Spoon 4-2 but there's better things to be spending money on.