Which Header/Manifold?

Shortstuff

Advanced Member

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I have the Tegiwa V2, had it for over a year and had no problems with a TD fitted, not sure what the exact gains are but it sounds great and is apparently a Toda copy, at £450 I cant complain compared to the price of the Toda.

In an ideal world I would have the de-cat version of the Feels manifold, apparently awesome quality and just looks amazing.

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
I bought my DC Sports manifold of funky power, was looking at the £215 one but was advised to stay away, as you pay for what you get.

The DC sports one fitted perfectly with no problems, get the engine inserts as well as they prone to cracking. the engine inserts stop the engine movement back and fore.

manifold was £400 ish and inserts were only £25

beppe786

Beppe
maxvr6 said:
I have the Tegiwa V2, had it for over a year and had no problems with a TD fitted, not sure what the exact gains are but it sounds great and is apparently a Toda copy, at £450 I cant complain compared to the price of the Toda.

In an ideal world I would have the de-cat version of the Feels manifold, apparently awesome quality and just looks amazing.
im running the same.. its great... got to be better than dc sports as exact copy of Toda

Mark_teg

Staff member
Low budget - DC Sports
Mid budget - Buddyclub
High budget - Toda / Feels

I'm using a DC Sports. Had it 5 years now, had to replace the flexi last year. Cost <£400 incl. ESSMs at the time (funkypower).
Haven't used others (except OEM).
The ones I've mentioned above are probably all similar for power/flow due to the biggest gain is from removing the OEM cat.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Interesting information already! I already have the engine mount inserts :)

Anyone have DC Sports with Spoon Cat Back?

beppe786

Beppe
would be good if you could get a 3in piping header for boosted cars for that extra flow

Mark_teg

Staff member
Shortstuff said:
Interesting information already! I already have the engine mount inserts :)

Anyone have DC Sports with Spoon Cat Back?
When mine was mapped I had DC Sports with spoon b-pipe and OEM backbox.. Sounded great and made 253bhp (168lb.ft) along with GM and RBC.

HTH :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Beppe said:
would be good if you could get a 3in piping header for boosted cars for that extra flow
Custom?. Somebody will make one surely.. Won't be necessary for the individual primaries to be 3 inch, just the collector.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
When I was over on CRX UK and EK9.org there was a lot of talk of TRI-Y headers which have longer runners and primaries which Honda's like, can get 4-2-1 or 4-1 however they do have a tendency to scrape but can make good gains with better low to mid range power, bear in mind this is for B series engines not K20.

Has anyone tried a TRI-Y set up on a K20 on here? Alan at Solid Fabrications can make a TRI-Y however he doesn't recommend it due to the scrapping, he also does a racing manifold which is more expensive. Think it's around 1k for an exhaust and a manifold setup from him.

Josh16v

Advanced Member
I'm looking at buying the tegiwa one within the next few weeks.
If you was interest I could maybe email them and see if they'll knock a few quid off for an order of 2?

poeter

Mark_teg said:
When mine was mapped I had DC Sports with spoon b-pipe and OEM backbox.. Sounded great and made 253bhp (168lb.ft) along with GM and RBC.

HTH :)
Interesting, would you happen to know what power you made before the remap?

Just curious with the results of the bolt-on parts alone.

Mark_teg

Staff member
poeter said:
Interesting, would you happen to know what power you made before the remap?

Just curious with the results of the bolt-on parts alone.
I don't sorry. The fueling would've been all over the shop anyway.. Kpro/K100 (remapable ECU) and remap is essential for it to run safely and to get the full benefit from the breathing modifications.

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
I've got jrsc and full J's exhaust system from header to back box. Excellent bit of kit. Nice and quiet at low revs/motorway speeds and a total animal when giving it beans.

Extremely pricey from brand new and expensive 2nd hand but I got mine for a bargain ;)

beppe786

Beppe
Sgtscotty182 said:
I've got jrsc and full J's exhaust system from header to back box. Excellent bit of kit. Nice and quiet at low revs/motorway speeds and a total animal when giving it beans.

Extremely pricey from brand new and expensive 2nd hand but I got mine for a bargain ;)
how much power you making? is the j's an 2.5in all the way through?

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
Beppe said:
how much power you making? is the j's an 2.5in all the way through?
Not making enough power for my liking to be honest beppe. It's only running at 5 psi just now but I'm eyeing up a new k20a2 crank pulley from Pulley Boys to get get the psi up. After that I'll get it to tdi north to remap the kpro. I'm currently at 289bhp on a dyno that is almost 100% accurate. Doesn't give the exaggerated figures of tdi north but wish it would :(

Yes it's a 2.5" 60rr. 2.5" all the way through.

Need to send you a PM to get a chat about what you have done to get so much bhp out of yours. ;)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
They're supposed to be really good for Honda's, perhaps it's something to do with the engine's being higher revving I don't know, also they have longer primaries or something - not sure what this means. They started off in America I believe, the Hytech ones are the ones to go for however there are many Hytech replicas out there for the B series engine all of which are mega expensive.

I had a PLM RMF on my B20 which a lad borrowed me and the improvement in torque and noise was massive in comparison to the standard B18C4 header I had on it. Transformed the car, was gutted when I had to give it back. That was a 4-1 header I had so better for high end power. I spoke with Alan at Solid Fabrications who advised he can do them but doesn't advise of it as they sit a lot lower than a normal 4-2-1 and have a tendency to scrape but they do flow better and Honda engines do react better off the Tri-Y than off another uprated 4-2-1 manifold.