Which Header/Manifold?

beppe786

Beppe
Sgtscotty182 said:
Not making enough power for my liking to be honest beppe. It's only running at 5 psi just now but I'm eyeing up a new k20a2 crank pulley from Pulley Boys to get get the psi up. After that I'll get it to tdi north to remap the kpro. I'm currently at 289bhp on a dyno that is almost 100% accurate. Doesn't give the exaggerated figures of tdi north but wish it would :(

Yes it's a 2.5" 60rr. 2.5" all the way through.

Need to send you a PM to get a chat about what you have done to get so much bhp out of yours. ;)
your running around 250whp not bad for 5psi.. are you running a 3.4in pulley?

there's a lot of misconception on pulley sizes has the jdm type r has a smaller size crank so doesn't make as much boost as than UK ep3 on the same jrsc pulley size..

plus depends on how healthy your engine is how much power you make..

lol at tdi north.. i would love too see how much mine would make on there dyno..

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
I think you should be our guinea pig and try this header out for us :p

An interesting comment made in the description though lol...

PPrivate Label MFG K-series RSX/EP3 Tri-Y header features a true step-up exhaust header design. The Tri-Y header delivers low to mid end power while utilizing a four piece design which maximizes the engine compartment space. This exhaust manifold is ideal for all forms of competition; Autocross, drag racing and road racing.

Now don't be getting any ideas! :lol:

beppe786

Beppe
just to compare

The sizes are:
1.77" primaries (16.5" long)
1.96" secondaries
2.16" inch collector after the secondaries
2.36" to the exhaust

beppe786

Beppe
Bonson said:
Funky power can supply it too.
just checked they have it £600 its not bad.. have too see how it compares to a custom 3in.. might have to let the Fujitsubo go

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
Only looked at the k-tuned header, knowing there work ethic and quality of there parts. Their head should be pretty good.

Im really tempted now to buy that header and this 3" oval k-tuned exhuast

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=26042
I'd get Alan at Solid Fabrications to make one for you mate, ask him for a true TRI-Y design race header. His work looks amazing and I would have thought you'd probably get better gains from the one he does.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
i commented on a a video of the 3" exhaust on ktuned facebook page, to see if they knew how loud it was.

they said
K-Tuned Mike Williams We did not try to constrain sound limits with this exhaust. Our point of focus was to make more power while improving ground clearance. This was the main focus of our exhaust as there are many other exhaust out there with other points of focus such as sound and db limits. We hope to see you with one of these units soon, and hopefully it will not be too loud for UK.

plugg

Advanced Member
Is it wrong to like the sound of that? wonder what its like in vtec tho, I think it will sound nuts

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
I wonder if it is worth taking my DC manifold off and send it to Zircotec for ceramic coating? I heard good things about them, keeping exhaust temp low and allows gas to escape quicker. But I am staying N/A, not sure if it can give any advantage...

beppe786

Beppe
Bonson said:
I wonder if it is worth taking my DC manifold off and send it to Zircotec for ceramic coating? I heard good things about them, keeping exhaust temp low and allows gas to escape quicker. But I am staying N/A, not sure if it can give any advantage...
i never heat wraped my manifold as i was thinking it will over heat and crack quicker.. how does the ceramic coating help?

Russhird

I have fitted a k tuned 3" system to my race car, its is a lovely piece of work and sounds awesome. imported it from Canada, would recommend it.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Russdc5 said:
I have fitted a k tuned 3" system to my race car, its is a lovely piece of work and sounds awesome. imported it from Canada, would recommend it.
Can you confirm the diameter of the pipework of them, as with the oval piping. Is it 3" wide, but how tall?