which n/a cars are faster??

benny

Advanced Member
besides the obvious ones like ferrari and m3,m5 etc which other n/a car can compete with the dc5?? is it the fastest 2l produced?
around bends i know the dc5 would muller most things, but on performace what else is there to match us?
cheers

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Don't the Clio cup trophy's come with a lsd as standard now aswell. Something to worry about maybe :?:

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
mazda RX8... but its such a fuel guzzler n harder to maintain...
Altezza 2.0 vvti-L beams engine...
accord euro-R
elise 111R
proton gen.2

Attachments

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
azriDC5R said:
accord euro-R
elise 111R
proton gen.2
The altezza are dissaponting, the one I came across was anyway..

Patrice14

azriDC5R said:
mazda RX8... but its such a fuel guzzler n harder to maintain... (only marginally, if at all)
Altezza 2.0 vvti-L beams engine... (whale, too heavy, too little output)
accord euro-R (too heavy, same power output)
elise 111R (of course)
proton gen.2 (dunno this car :lol: )

dazza

Advanced Member
Patrice14 said:
dazamm said:
Aerial Atom?
thats hardly practical is it? :lol:
Who said anything about being practical :wink: :lol: :lol:

Anyway it's practical if all you want to do is nip down the shop for a packet of chewing gum when the weather is pefect :wink: :lol:

lingwu

azriDC5R said:
accord euro-R
elise 111R
proton gen.2
halo..proton gen 2 is a 1.6l car and definately sucks on performance and the every infamous quality probelm.

Gary

Advanced Member
robert_raw said:
I am sure it is the Honda S2000, fastest 2.0l N/A
Yeah Rob that's right, I don't know if anything has come along since it's inception but when it was introduced the S2K had most powerful N/A production 2.0L engine ever made, and Honda displayed their ingenuity, by creating quite a few engineering firsts to, produce an extremley light and compact power unit able to cope with the high revs that would be needed to produce an unassisted and frankly unbelievable 118BHP per litre!

Jap Performance did quite an extensive article on it in their very first issue all those years ago which included a centre spread cutaway of the engine, labelling it a "technological showpiece"!

benny

Advanced Member
so what are we saying pound for pound pretty much the teg is the fastest 2l n/a car out there beside the s2000?

skingg

benny said:
so what are we saying pound for pound pretty much the teg is the fastest 2l n/a car out there beside the s2000?
I believe so, since if one follows the monthly Best Motoring videos such as this :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b4X4NnCCOVE

Description : Hot Hatch Battle at Tsukuba circuit Bmw 130i M-sport, Audi A3 3.2 quattro, Alfaromeu 147 GTA, VW Golf R32, Honda Integra Type R and Subaru Impreza S204 > cam car

The teg doesnt race against 2 litre cars here. And from what I've gathered, s2k can out run a dc5-r around 0.5 sec per lap on Tsukuba so in terms of performance, we're still the fastest FF car in the world. :D