which n/a cars are faster??

dan the man

Advanced Member
smething in similar bracket.. 2 doors or 4, 4 seats etc with same capacity engine.. DC5 has it all covered.

VX220 standard are not, my mate was gutted on saturday when i crept away down the straight at elvington :lol:
Also an S2K there and im sure i had the edge too all the way down the straight..but it was close.

clios nah, meganes have a turbo as do golfs and astras and focus's, but the DC5 will prob suprice all of them 8)

Project

Advanced Member
is it just me or do other people get approached convinced that you have a turbo under the hood. Such a great feeling saying no its N/A

Wardy7

Advanced Member
spo_gen said:
Advanced driving skillz can add at least 50+bhp to a car. Plus its so much cheaper.
Oh right, so my standard DC5 is actually the fastest one on here, nice one 8)

Cheers
Wardy

mikegsi

Staff member
Project said:
is it just me or do other people get approached convinced that you have a turbo under the hood. Such a great feeling saying no its N/A
i got that on sunday at elvington, "is it a turbo", no mate, "supercharger?" no mate, just honda's 2 litres, "must be four wheel drive then!!", no mate, FWD with a 2.0l n/a engine, "Wow!!" :wink:

Project

Advanced Member
On paper the DC5 has 220bhp at the wheels, and we all know thats not how it is, so paper means nothing tbh :)

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Project said:
On paper the DC5 has 220bhp at the wheels, and we all know thats not how it is, so paper means nothing tbh :)
On paper the DC5 has 220 PS At the flywheel!!

Project

Advanced Member
I thought manufacturers always gave power out of the wheels :?
As where i work we calculate power from flywheel and subtract power loss through components leading to the wheels from info given, but the japs could do it differently

Tim_85

Yeah and I thought Tarmac would be a better surface to test power.
No traction on paper :lol:

Project

Advanced Member
Then how come they release the bhp figure instead of the ps/hp figure, im sure bhp is only used when talking about power at the wheels?

gixer750

Advanced Member
i think 220 ps is about 200bhp, the bigger numbers are what buyers see and it soon becomes '220 bhp at the wheels' by the time they reach the pub :wink:

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
ps is German. Basically it was just a different measurement of work done using a slightly smaller horse. :lol: Hence why PS measurement is slightly higher than BHP!!

ronald

AndyBITR said:
ps is German. Basically it was just a different measurement of work done using a slightly smaller horse. :lol: Hence why PS measurement is slightly higher than BHP!!
So PS stands for Pony-Small version ? :lol: