Why is everyone selling up?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Although I'm no longer an owner I've noticed a lot of the nicer Tegs on this forum have recently sold or are going up for sale. I was wondering why this is, what's happened to some of the longer established members who have spent a lot on their cars, what are the reasons for selling up?

Cheers.

Marc

Darren4

Advanced Member
I sold mine as I wanted a more powerful car, and I needed 4 doors due to having a baby.

Loved the Dc5 but can only get on with a type r for a year and a bit and get bored of them lol.

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
Seems prices are getting a bit silly at the moment, seen a lot up around the 9 and 10k mark, some worth it, some not so. Although it's good to see prices rising I think a lot of people are jumping on it as a chance to maybe get slightly more than they originally thought.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

FireDance

Advanced Member
I thought the same the other day, 3 red ones up for sale at the same time too!!!

I have seen some poor examples being advertised for £9000!!!

Mebz

Advanced Member
FireDance said:
I thought the same the other day, 3 red ones up for sale at the same time too!!!

3 red ones .... where?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
FireDance said:

Me too.

They seem to have hiked in price massively. I am a bit annoyed as I got £6500 for mine last year and although the most recent owner did spend a lot on it he got nearly 9k for it. :(

It's crazy how much they've gone up. As for people selling, can appreciate circumstances for people are all different so such as having a baby will of course impact one's decision in selling but I am surprised to see some members on here who have long been on here selling up, people that have spent vast sums of money and now getting rid which I am very surprised about and some nice examples too, some of the best on here.

Linus27

Advanced Member
Maybe the next group are moving in as they can afford them now and the old guard fancy a change, something faster, newer, different. Let's face it, they are not fast by today's standards, nor are they the nicest place to be daily, again by today's standards. Personally, if it wasn't my track toy, then my DC5 would be long gone as I much prefer driving my Scooby every day.

Fez

Advanced Member
FireDance said:
I saw 4 altogether,i didn't know there was that many in the country 😂 And when i was looking there wasn't any red ones for sale.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Me too.

They seem to have hiked in price massively. I am a bit annoyed as I got £6500 for mine last year and although the most recent owner did spend a lot on it he got nearly 9k for it. :(

It's crazy how much they've gone up. As for people selling, can appreciate circumstances for people are all different so such as having a baby will of course impact one's decision in selling but I am surprised to see some members on here who have long been on here selling up, people that have spent vast sums of money and now getting rid which I am very surprised about and some nice examples too, some of the best on here.
There's part of me which thinks I should sell as I don't get to use it what it's intended for.

I've seen a number of examples which need a bit of attention (in my opinion, where it needs tlc) sell for £6-7k, so those which are cared and need little attention is probably worth £9-10k these days; especially when imports are similar money and buying blind.

Crazyleg, maybe credit where it's due to yourself and owner just gone for taking care of it, yes mods generally don't add value, but set or new tyres, kpro, suspension refresh has probably cost that owner more than the difference he sold it for, but a lightly modded nice example versus those at £7k and needing tlc makes it good value; relatively speaking

K20 are a loved engine, ep3 don't seem to have had as many which are enthusiast owned, maybe because of the volume around; but saying that a decent ep3 is nearing dc5 prices these days too

Rom

Advanced Member
Still got mine too.

I've thought of selling up, not so much because I'm bored of the car. I just done use it. Did 1300 miles since last mot.
But I know I'll end up buying something else. Doing up cars is what I've done all my life.

I'm looking for an Accord Tourer, to do tip runs, be a workhorse etc. So nothing fancy. And I'm already looking at lowering and wheels. I'm a junkie.

Nicer examples I guess get fewer as time goes on. So they will always command more.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Sounds like there are a fair few that simply aren't being used. I'm just baffled why people spend several thousands of pounds on their car and then get rid of them? In saying that there are lots on here that have owned their respective cars for a good while to be fair so I can imagine a change of scenery is what's required from time to time.

Seems like a bit of a changing of the guard lately, still some old faces about which is good but lots leaving. I still come on here often just to have a nose as I miss the car massively and it's always good to see pictures and builds. Hopefully be back in one one day, having been out in Dan's the other day it seemed completely different to my old one, so much more power and poise it was like two entirely different cars. I do miss mine. :(

kingcobwidley

Advanced Member
Mine will be up for sale next year after 5 years of ownership. I guess like relationships, just fancy something different! Im finding you probably have to spend £15-20k to make a noticeable step up, even then it will be hard to have dc5 fun!

Phil r type

Advanced Member
I'm on my 3rd ! I keep trying to grow up ( 35 now ) but I genuinely have not found a car for under 10k I like as much. Bought my 1st 5 years ago for £5200 sold it 2 years ago for 7.5 and that same car I belive sold for 9k last week ! I love my new one ( supper flys old one ) and if I decide on moving on I'll just keep it now and store it as none ones are really hard to find so you'll never lose on it now :)

cjh1981

Advanced Member
I have had mine 6 years now and from time to time I think about selling up as I hardly do 3k a year. But same as above to replace the DC5 would require a lot more cash on top.

But have same issue I keep pumping cash into it but does not get used that much. Then I take it out for a blast and still love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Altecians

Advanced Member
Never selling. I get to drive my Integra 2 weeks of the year but it certainly has been allowing me to collect parts I want on it.
The turnover isnt anything new,Still see a lot of the same "old guard" on here.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Mine is going because there are a few more cars I want to own before I'm too old 😂

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Still got mine after 5years,mine doesn't get used every day only the odd track day? I've also thought of selling up but then I think what else is out there for me?