Why is everyone selling up?

BataLeon

Advanced Member
Just bought one and waiting for it to get into the UK, it will be replacing a 15 plate S3 so a step down in speed doesn't bother me. I found over the years that the newer more modern car is all good but you can't get into any kind of car scene with a new car as it just doesn't feel the same!

Linus27

Advanced Member
I do actually wonder how much mine will be worth when I sell it in 2 - 4 years time. It's going to have roughly 150k miles on the clock I reckon. Plus the front bumper and bonnet already has stone chips and the skirts are looking tatty. I'm sure the red seats will be looking tired as well. On top of that I reckon it will have done at least another 20 track days to add to the 13 it's already done to it's going to have seen a lot of track action.

Might just be worth discounting any resale value in it and just track it until it starts costing me money to keep running. So far it's cost me nothing and has been 100% reliable.

H_5hum

Advanced Member
I only got mine in March this year, owned it two months before it got rear ended... Its been off the road since then waiting for parts!

At least it is repairable, and I plan to keep the Teg for a long time, even if its a daily.

I don't like the fact that when you pop the bonnets on most of the new cars these days, you just get layers of plastic trim. Oh yeah and i don't like electronic handbrakes lol

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mine is only going is I can get an NSX, considered part exchanging it against a few FD2's but although they are great cars o don't think they are anything from 5-9k better than a DC5 and as I currently don't have a garage o can't risk the NSX til my partner and I move.

Spoke to a few people at TGM yesterday who have been doing my car and they said I should keep it as it's such a prestige example. Then I drove it home and loved it again.

Mine line many is a lack of use but every time I drive it I love it.

So far since May I've done about 30 miles for me and all others have been too and from TGM (motorways) but I think I need to use it a bit to love it again.

Then the NSX comes when I move home, the DC5 is an amazing all rounder imo

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Can't see mine ever getting sold even though I am sure it is going to start falling apart soon. 51 plate on 186k miles but with a replacement k20a2 engine which is on about 135k.
It sees 250 miles a week just for work, leisure driving and trackdays too! Won't be worth much!

Kenz

Advanced Member
I want to own as many cars as I can before something stops me, buying a house, or kids etc..
I'd love to have something old school, like a sierra cosworth, or an e34 m5. But I'll likely be getting an evo or an m3 next once the insurance becomes affordable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I can't say I'll be selling my Intergra anytime soon but honestly I can't think of many other cars I'd have other than: S15 Spec R, FD2 or a R33 GT-R.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
I can't say I'll be selling my Intergra anytime soon but honestly I can't think of many other cars I'd have other than: S15 Spec R, FD2 or a R33 GT-R.
S15 Spec R, FD2 I get but R33's (had two) and were dull as anything mate, dont get mecwrong they are great cars but not as fun as a Honda on track. My first was stage 1 so nothing amazing but the second a full on Japanese built animal pushing 800whp on high boost and 562whp on low. It was fast but felt a bit pants on our roads tbh.

If I was going the GTR ways again it'd have to be a gun metal R32 or bayside blue R34 :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
If I get rid of mine it will be for an FK8 or BMW M3/M2 etc. Wouldn't mind an E46 M3 track toy to be honest.

rallye nick

Mines up for sale after one year of ownership, has simply been the best car I've owned and everything I ever wanted from a JDM type r, but I've got to a point in life where other priorities have to come first and I just don't get to enjoy the car as much as I'd want to, so I'd love the car to go onto someone else who will appreciate it as much as I have done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
S15 Spec R, FD2 I get but R33's (had two) and were dull as anything mate, dont get mecwrong they are great cars but not as fun as a Honda on track. My first was stage 1 so nothing amazing but the second a full on Japanese built animal pushing 800whp on high boost and 562whp on low. It was fast but felt a bit pants on our roads tbh.

If I was going the GTR ways again it'd have to be a gun metal R32 or bayside blue R34 :)
Put a hole in my dreams there Carl haha! I've always loved the GT-R's but everyone I've known have them seem to be disappointed unless they're running massive power. I'd love something RWD to mess around in but I reckon I'd just put myself into a curb without the proper practice haha. I'd love a really low milage DC5 though, I'd also love to try a DC2.

Fez

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
Put a hole in my dreams there Carl haha! I've always loved the GT-R's but everyone I've known have them seem to be disappointed unless they're running massive power. I'd love something RWD to mess around in but I reckon I'd just put myself into a curb without the proper practice haha. I'd love a really low milage DC5 though, I'd also love to try a DC2.
Imo, skylines are the most overhyped cars ever. Granted i've never owned one, but i've been in a few big power ones, yes they are fast but they just dont wow me like expected lol

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mate its something to experience but not fun if that makes sense, hard to explain but it depends on what you want from a car / your next one. If you want a car that produces great value for money as a whole that can be used on the road & track everyday reliably then the DC2, EK9, DC5 etc is perfect. If you want outright grunt & power then its clearly not the previous tbh and more than likely to be a Skyline, Supra TT, Evo, Subaru and so on.

All are amazing cars in their own right but none 100% in every area imo. If I was to get the Skyline route again it would be an R32 or R34 GTR nothing else, Supra I have driven loads but never owned one and would like too one day, Evo had 1, Subaru never owned fully but part owned a 1996 subaru impreza sti type ra I was helping build for track only fun and so on.

Now you say " I'd also love to try a DC2. " That's poss one of the best cars I have had, I wanted one before buying my DC5 but could not find a good one and mine was so clean (pretty much showroom m when I had it) I was worried I would always compare a new one too it, so after many disappointing ones I moved on thinking that a DC5 was the next thing as EK9's were also very thin on the ground.

The DC5 is awesome, better all round than a DC2 but not as raw out the box and needs work to get it on par with a DC2 in stock form imo, but my DC2 was originally a weekend track toy but then I met my now ex who lived in Windsor and doing Maidstone to Windsor daily was going to kill its condition, mileage and was also not fun due to how raw they are.

I still miss that car to date mate (also was written off by the new owner but this one within 6 days) :-(

I don't think anyone will be selling anytime soon with the prices they're asking!
I think they will and can only see the prices appreciating over the next 6 months tbh, as much as people don't like it the markets knackered and the pound weak, as soon as things stabilise then maybe things will level out but looking at prices of NSX's recently has shocked me, so much so I am going to be keeping the DC5 until I buy a new house then will consider things when I can afford to invest in an NSX and have a nice safe home for it to be locked away, that or another Integrale as I have always wanted another since regretting selling mine many years ago (before they appreciated drastically) :-(

Imo, skylines are the most overhyped cars ever. Granted i've never owned one, but i've been in a few big power ones, yes they are fast but they just dont wow me like expected lol
Exactly this, bearing in mind my first one was pretty stock (stage 1), filter, full exhaust system (manifold back), induction and slightly increased boost it was a quick car but nothing special upon reflection. It was back then (bearing in mind I was about 21 when I had it) an amazing car to have as this was when the first Fast and Furious movie came out it turned heads as it was so rare to see one but pound for pound (for a road car amazing performance) but expensive (luckily fuel was cheap back then compared to now).

The second one I had 562WHP on low boost and 800whp on high was something else. It was a Midnight Purple Skyline R33 GTR V-Spec running an R34 Nur Spec II racing engine built in Japan. This was it's original advert and before I brought it, I then put a lot of money into it to get it to be the beast it was when I had finished with it :)
http://www.neweraimports.com/soldcarDetails.jsp?carId=268
Don't get me wrong it was satisfying killing so many supercars in it and it due to the size and weight was more drivable than my 400whp Pulsar GTI-R (which in all honesty was scary as hell) but and there was a but, running it was not nice (agv 12 mpg and down to 6 when flooring it), parts and services required too frequently for my liking and cost me way too much money.

I sold it and the guy wrote it off within a few weeks as I decided to play with the diff controller thinking that he could handle that power as a 30/70 power split (using it like a drift car)...

FireDance

Advanced Member
Fez said:
We owned a R33 GTR & it bored me. It was modified but not massively. Wouldn't sell my Teg for it!

nails

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I don't think anyone will be selling anytime soon with the prices they're asking!
I think they will, when I was looking for mine, there was one with 92k miles on it for £10k, I called him up and he had already sold it. It's a simple case of supply and demand, and you could see prices rise further in the next few years as some cars start succumbing to rust and there are less rust free examples to choose from.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I think I would possibly sell mine, for an M3 or maybe a 330D/Ci. I want to take it out on track first before I do, knowing that once I track it I wouldn't want to sell it #-o