Why should i keep the teg?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
My first DC5 I loved, stupidly sold it.

Bought my 2nd one about 2 days later... Then sold it too.

Then bought a 410BHP R33 Skyline GTR... Kept it two months and I'm now back in DC5 number 3.

A GTR is twice the car of an EVO and I STILL came back to the DC5 so moving to an evo would be a mistake, but everyone likes different things!
I'd love a Nissan of the GTR variety as a weekender. R33, R34, R35, a lot depends on the budget but what are they like to maintain compared to an Evo? Is the reliability any better? I know fuel consumption is just ridiculous! Think I once heard someone say they used 1/4 tank of fuel doing 3 of 4 laps at castle coombe :eek:

SPIT_FIRE

Advanced Member
My first DC5 I loved, stupidly sold it.

Bought my 2nd one about 2 days later... Then sold it too.

Then bought a 410BHP R33 Skyline GTR... Kept it two months and I'm now back in DC5 number 3.

A GTR is twice the car of an EVO and I STILL came back to the DC5 so moving to an evo would be a mistake, but everyone likes different things!
Why did you sell the R33 out of interest?

cfoster

Advanced Member
I've been through pretty much most jap/rs/german type cars throughout the years and although have no regret owning all of them I always keep coming back to a DC5, on my 3rd one now. Ok i'm in a slightly better position than I was a few years back so have been able to keep my Merc as a summer car and DC5 as a runabout, but wouldnt sell it for the world. They are so reliable, fun to drive, cheap to run, practical, large boot, 4 seats, look the part etc I can't really think of anything out there that can match it overall. I did love the Evo I had a couple of years ago but as most have said above its the worry of something breaking etc. Supercharged DC5 would be fun and very tempting to do, but as mine is now my daily I think i'd be silly to go that route.