Wipers

David Fox

Advanced Member
Tried a search on this subject and it seems there are only topics about the wipers themselves. I am wondering if anyone has any information about replacing the whole wiper (not just the blades). I ask because IMO the wipers look really dated and I am looking at finding out if any other more modern looking wipers will fit the DC5. Any information on this would be most appreciative.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Tried a search on this subject and it seems there are only topics about the wipers themselves. I am wondering if anyone has any information about replacing the whole wiper (not just the blades). I ask because IMO the wipers look really dated and I am looking at finding out if any other more modern looking wipers will fit the DC5. Any information on this would be most appreciative.
Personally i give Dave Johnstone@steels a shout and just order some standard size DC5 wipers. These work perfect and for all 3 your looking at about £22 i think.

KevieDC5

Does anybody know why these wipers are already so far up ?
Shouldn't they be more down near by the hood ?

dave c

400hp K20
From the weather in that pic it looks like whoever last drove the car had the wipers on and they turned the engine off without the wipers being set back at the base of the screen,

dave7368

Advanced Member
looks like the wiper arms have been off at some point, maybe a windscreen replaced and the wiper arms have not been put back in the same place, is just to undo the nut on the shaft and move the arm on the spline, do the nut back up, job done...

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
no need to buy new arms. Took mine off this weekend, quick rub down, grey primer and sprayed satin black. Look like new now

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Back to Foxy's original question lol,

I haven't seen alternatives for replacing the whole front wipers, even on Japanese sites. As you've mentioned there only seems to be alternative blade types (and colours on Yahoo auctions). Aside from that there's the Spoon wiper spoiler but then you have to buy that with their wiper blades at a premium as you'd expect.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
I got a new wiper for drivers side .....it's a Goodyear ..was only £7...looks more modern than oem

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Perhaps a bit late....

I have the BOSCH AeroTwin Wiper Blades on mine (on standard arms) and it really does look a lot more modern already...
2 X 20" (passenger and rear) and a 24" for the drivers side.

About £28 for all 3, they work superbly though. More stable at higher speeds than OEM and no judder.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Perhaps a bit late....

I have the BOSCH AeroTwin Wiper Blades on mine (on standard arms) and it really does look a lot more modern already...
2 X 20" (passenger and rear) and a 24" for the drivers side.

About £28 for all 3, they work superbly though. More stable at higher speeds than OEM and no judder.

They are identical to the ones I now have on my car Ian...they were branded as Goodyear but I`ve seen a few brands which look the same...very good and as you say no lifting or judder at high speed xthumbup

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
They are identical to the ones I now have on my car Ian...they were branded as Goodyear but I`ve seen a few brands which look the same...very good and as you say no lifting or judder at high speed xthumbup
More than likely, a lot of these things are just re-branded as something else and all at different prices.

Great Wipers, was WJ51FUT (Adam) that convinced me, good stuff.

Coldfuse

Pretty sure they were Bosch ones aswell but they juddered and didn't seem to fully articulate over the screen so they missed bits.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Pretty sure they were Bosch ones aswell but they juddered and didn't seem to fully articulate over the screen so they missed bits.
That's really odd mate, mine are super flexible in arching to sit flush on the screen, they don't miss a thing and I bought them because the standard ones juddered, lol.

Coldfuse

That's really odd mate, mine are super flexible in arching to sit flush on the screen, they don't miss a thing and I bought them because the standard ones juddered, lol.
Heh how ironic!

Well im not sure when ill next need new wipers, i think mine are about a year old now give or take.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I need some new wipers now and these BOSCH Aerotwins seem to be the best.

Porthos where on earth did you manage to find all three at that price? The best i seem to be able to find is about £35 or so.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I need some new wipers now and these BOSCH Aerotwins seem to be the best.

Porthos where on earth did you manage to find all three at that price? The best i seem to be able to find is about £35 or so.
From www.eurocarparts.com

They had a sale on them for a while. They often do 25% off wiper blades etc so keep an eye out!