Worst day of my life...Help and opinions need please

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Lets not drag this guys thread off topic.
How ironic.

Eitherway whats done is done, i can fully understand where OP is coming from. Not personally killed a car like this but i have come up against some bits of water that you just don't see for a multitude of reasons. It sounds like the water was in shadow on a bright (albeit wet) day and this would make it curse difficult to see.

coolerking

Advanced Member
the wipers were on full, all I can see on the left turn is concrete, because of the overpassing motorway, I had no idea what I was turning into unfortunately :(

sucks big time

cpoh

Advanced Member
listen mate, I came off the roundabout at my area, then I have to take a left turn, I cannot see wait is there due to the overpass, SO I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TURNING INTO!!!

making any assumptions is pointless, want the to google streetview it since your so interested?
What happens if you come around that corner and there's a child or dog in the middle of the road?

Im not having a go just saying that if the roads are drenched wet, its lashing rain down and you are driving fast enough that when you come around a bend or turn a corner and cant see a flood on the road the you are not driving with enough cop on for the conditions. You have to accept some responsibility with this.

Ill leave it off now cos I dont want to derail your thread, hopefully the damage is minor and you can move on without a rebuild. Best of luck.

coolerking

Advanced Member
cool story bro

anyways, for those who want to know TDI have recommended Cosworth compnonents and 0.5mm oversized on the pistons

just waiting for more information now,

firthy22

Advanced Member
Let's quit the discussion about how it happened, we have all been there at some point, something's are just beyond our control.

Anyway, I would recommend either the Tegiwa intake or Mugen airbox with CAI by the grill, it works really well with a cold air feed. Or if you're feeling flush and want the dogs danglies, get the J's racing CF intake like Porthos, not sure of the cost or how long you'd have to wait for it though.

coolerking

Advanced Member
Yeah I would love the J's, the only thing is the lead time, I'll need to get in touch with sumo power and see what say

if its gonna be too long I'll probably go for the Tegiwa

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
What happens if you come around that corner and there's a child or dog in the middle of the road?

Im not having a go just saying that if the roads are drenched wet, its lashing rain down and you are driving fast enough that when you come around a bend or turn a corner and cant see a flood on the road the you are not driving with enough cop on for the conditions. You have to accept some responsibility with this.

Ill leave it off now cos I dont want to derail your thread, hopefully the damage is minor and you can move on without a rebuild. Best of luck.
Do you really think he needs that comment right now? You always get someone who enjoys to s**t on others.

This is my old car and i couldnt of sold it to anyone better. He looks after it like its his child and spent thousands and thousands on it.

Have you not seen the flash floods on the news???? how can that be anyone fault????

coolerking

Advanced Member
cheers alex mate, its hard to get across how much you care for your car on this

new headlight casings, exterior trim and wind deflectors will now also be being purchased,

along with MTEC silver edition discs all round, might as well do it right

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
cheers alex mate, its hard to get across how much you care for your car on this

new headlight casings, exterior trim and wind deflectors will now also be being purchased,

along with MTEC silver edition discs all round, might as well do it right

love it you legend, this is going to be the cleanest DC5 in UK by far. Looking forward to seeing it all done :D

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Hopefully the previous suggestions to get the engine going will work. If not, Cosworth gear would be a wise choice.

That piston oversize would probably be ideal, it means you don't have to get the block resleeved for a larger bore. I think the largest safe overbore is 87.5mm on a standard block.

A quick point on floods, I was driving 35mph on a 60 limit B road, came around a blind corner and there was a flood that would have been impossible to stop for. A massive wave came over the car, it aquaplaned and the brakes/ steering felt useless. That was scary since there was an oncoming car, and driving well within a safe speed.

si vti

Advanced Member
if it come's to needing a rebuild, i have a k20a2 engine with a spun bottom end bearing.

if your's has internal damage, it will most likely be only top end damage, so you could build a new engine out of the two.

job done!

but if your really unlucky, there may be bottom end problems too.

coolerking

Advanced Member
cheers si for the heads up, could be a shout man, really need to find out the extent of the damage, hopefully find out later on this week fingers crossed

appreciate it though

si vti

Advanced Member
thats no problem.

going about it that way would make it a fast and affordable fix.

means you don't have to replace valves, juts swap heads, and drop your cams in.

fingers crossed for your bottom end. no pun intended ;)