Your Best/favourite mod?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Nope nothing lol. My mate also swapped a 5.1 into his kswap teg, and didn't notice it till he was on m4 lol but said the same, hadn't made it any quicker.
I noticed it in mine. One of the best mods for the money I think. (I got mine second hand) but I have also got a lightened flywheel.

Fez

Advanced Member
I didn't think a lightened flywheel would make much difference with the dc5 as most are 4-4.5kg, i weighed my mates stock one and it was 4.6kg

mil1lion

Advanced Member
My fave mod done so far is the Eibach alignment set up. Handling since then is on another level. Roundabouts are a lot more fun too.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Gotta be RE070 tires, although not the most amazing in the wet. I was amazed how well they were on circuit for the money

cjh1981

Advanced Member
FRSU, new clutch and AEM v2. After having them fitted the car felt so different and the handling was/is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrRy

Advanced Member
5.3FD + Longer 6th.
Generally with cars though, refreshing the engine mounts, changing the steering wheel and proper geometry setups are the best things to do.

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
For me it was the Tegiwa M Carbon Intake.
Brutal vtec now, its now addicting to hit the vtec and im doing it all the time lol

Second id say ktuned shifter-spring (no missshifts anymore) or Federal 595RSR tyres.

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
For me it's gotta be my Wavetrac diff followed by some AD08's. Its the first thing I'd do to any DC5 again or any fast FWD hatch for that matter. I wish I'd put one on my EP3.

The DC5 is a very good car with the standard diff, it's on another level with an uprated one

Jack

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
DC5Jack said:
For me it's gotta be my Wavetrac diff followed by some AD08's. Its the first thing I'd do to any DC5 again or any fast FWD hatch for that matter. I wish I'd put one on my EP3.

The DC5 is a very good car with the standard diff, it's on another level with an uprated one

Jack
Is there really that much difference?

The dc5 is the first car I've had with a lsd, when I first drove this thing I was amazed by it, still am now.

Would love to have a go/ see how much better a aftermarket diff is in comparison

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Jinis dust said:
Is there really that much difference?

The dc5 is the first car I've had with a lsd, when I first drove this thing I was amazed by it, still am now.

Would love to have a go/ see how much better a aftermarket diff is in comparison

Yeah there is quite a difference between standard and an aftermarket diff. The wavetrac is quicker to react and stronger when it does, couple that with gripper tyres and it's an amazing handling car with almost no understeer. There's a more grip in the rain with AD08's with the wavetrac than with the standard. As I said, I had an EP3 before the DC5, the difference in cornering between the EP3 & DC5 is noticable but even more noticeable with a aftermarket diff.

I had my DC5 for 2.5 years before I changed the diff out. The standard diff was knackered when it was taken out. For reference my car is an 02 plate and has only done 77k. So a car with higher mileage the diff would be even more worn.

It's the first mod I'll make to any car from now on. It really is that good

Jack