Recent content by izerosll

1. I

Need a favor guys. :)

Hey guys/girls I was wondering if you guys can do me a favor and take a picture of your side marker. I need a pic of the front fender or a diagram of where the side marker goes. I just got the DC5R side markers and I need to know exactly where they go. So if you can please post pictures of...
  2. I

Suspension too hard - help

I have invested over $10,000 us dollars into my car so far, and I am still not done. I currently run the Tein Flex on my RSX type S. I have the ingalls camber kit, spoon rear lower tie bar, mugen upper front strut bar. As my suspension, and it is handling very well and asking for more. Tein Flex...
  3. I

Replacing Rear Pads

Well if you are looking for a good brake pad for either front or rear and had excellent durability check out. www.cobaltfriction.com They have excellent race pads that can be used for daily driving and track events. Ask for Andie and tell him Armando recommended you to them.
  4. I

When you get the spring that is all you get, just the spring. As in the Tein S.Tech and Tein Master system you will have to use your stock struts and shocks. With this setup you can not adjust dampening force. The only system offered by Tein that allows you to adjust the dampening is the Tein...
  5. I

importing DC5 myself

Just remember what km/h is at what speed limit. haha. Like for example, if the speed limit is 45mph, just look on the speedometer and look at what kmh your at when your going 45pmh. :)
  6. I

Well when using the Tein Flex ( which I currently run on my RSX type S) you can adjust dampeing force. So you can either stiffen or soften the dampening force. When you have the Flex at full hard they handle like a dream and corner on a dime but you sacrifice ride quality. You can also soften...
  7. I

Changing brake pads on front?

LOL, That was what I meant. The process is the same regardless, except you know use the clap to decompress the 2 pots instead of the RSX single pot. If you want to decompress both pots at the same time just get a piece of wood or something thin and durable to put over both pots. Then get the...
  8. I

DC5 Engine Failure

Well it is know for all K20 motors that in the intial break in (first 3000 miles) the car might consume oil badily so it is suggested you check your oil every time you put gas. I have been running Redline synthetic oil since the first oil change and have had no problems. My suggestions for...
  9. I

Changing brake pads on front?

Changing brake pads for the front is really easy. You will need a few tools to do this. Tools needed: -Clamp -12mm socket After removing the wheel you will then see the rotor and caliper. On the back of the caliper you will see a bolt on the top and bottom of the caliper on the back. Unscrew...
  10. I

Big Weekend for me!!! picture of JRSC

Hey bro congrats. on getting the JRSC, but be cautious on the belts. Here in the USA we have the JRSC available for the RSX type S. And many people have been having problems with the kit. The belt near the headlight might start snapping due to it hitting the plastic clip near the front. I'm just...
  11. I

importing DC5 myself

Regarding the km/h to mph conversion, would it not be easier to get a United State Acura RSX type S speedometer to replace the current type R speedometer? Then after the car has been passed swap back your type R speedometer? I'm located in the USA, so if you need parts let me know and I can see...
  12. I

First Modification

The first modification I would recommend would be a cold air intake, or the springs. If you have the cash get the Tein Flex suspension.
  13. I

Hondata ECU

I was just curious but do you guys have the ability to buy intakes? such as CAI and SRI? I have heard of some places even here in the USA where intakes are illegal. Hondata is a very good mod to go with. But later down the road if you want more power you may want to look into the Toda engine...
  14. I

questions

Well at the current time Doug from Hondata has a flash out for the DC5R that runs perfectly fine on 91 octane (super unleaded) Japan does run thier R's on 100 octane and the thing that is the worst for us here in the states is the highest you can find 91-93 octane. The flash Doug from hondata...