Recent content by mardon

1. M

Car Comparison.

Thats interesting stuff celox. A little off topic. When i've done track days in my car (with no LSD) when it understeers the whole car tends to wash out at the same time and has to be corrected. With the LSD on the DC5 does the rear drift out before the front end due to having more grip (which...
  2. M

great, seems i can get hold of a dc5 shell!

Its just a pointless comment to make in my opinion. There are some great threads and very interesting points posted on this forum but there is no need for some of the elitist attitudes.
  3. M

great, seems i can get hold of a dc5 shell!

While your at it why dont you ban all short people too! :evil: Just because someone is under 25 doesn't mean they are off lesser intelligence! That comment has really wound me up TBH!
  4. M

Yay A-Plan... Boo Flux....

Pretty sure I did yeah. Think they said it was over 25's only. Can get a quote off flux but its over 2k and I refuse to pay that out of principle! I've got the money sorted just have to wait to be the right age! What a pain!
  5. M

Yay A-Plan... Boo Flux....

How are you getting quotes at 23!!! Its driving me crazy I can't get a decent quote anywhere. 23 3years NCB No points at time of quote (now got an sp30) CH47 post code Its rubbish! Got to keep my car for another year to see if its any better when i'm 24. Everywhere is saying over 25's only...
  6. M

New CAR TAX rates in 2008 Budget!!

£210!! Thats wicked! Same as my little 1.6! I'd be after a 2002 one too!
  7. M

New CAR TAX rates in 2008 Budget!!

Is it still possible to import a DC5 and get the lower tax band? Or are any new imports gonna be £400? Cheers
  8. M

How to protect the dc5 from thieves?

Wow didn't know the wirral was bad for car crime. Always wondered why mar car insurance renewals were rubbish. I've never had a problem, left my car overnight in Manchester.. Window smashed, lock damaged :(
  9. M

Modded CTR or Standard DC5

Quotes on the CTR aren't too bad TBH its just anything imported. I said to the guy I was going to get a DC5 but couldn't get insurance due to it being an import. I also told him I was looking to buy before the end of feb (which I was). still didn't seem interested. I completely agree with all...
  10. M

Damn, my shopping for the Teg has begun :)

Is your teg red? That will look really good! Think they'll look nice. Good choice. Not a big fan of loud exhausts ether, induction roar is the way forward!!
  11. M

Boooooo!

Nope chesire?? Thing is a lot of places are saying no strait off. I they ask my age then say you have to be over 25. Thats before I give ANY details.
  12. M

Boooooo!

I didn't have any problems getting quotes for the UK civic (with mods declared). It was recommended that I try greenlight and they wouldn't insure me on a standard UK civic until i'm over 25. Re the JDM civic I thought it may be easier to get insured on that because parts are more readily...
  13. M

Boooooo!

Greenlight said no one over 25 on a civic ether. Next I wont get my renewal through as you have to be over 25 to drive a 106 gti pfft!! lol :roll:
  14. M

Modded CTR or Standard DC5

They said I could drive one but i'd have to provide them with a covernote showing that I was covered on my own insurance. Which is fair enough TBH, it was more they guys attitude. He seemed really uninterested. The other civic (on the first page) has been withdrawn from pistonheads now. Might...
  15. M

Boooooo!

Strange the guy from A-plan was really sound with me?? Flux quoted me over 2k :( My post code is the killer I think. I will see if greenlight are open.