Recent content by matdc5

1. M

Radiator Capacity

cheers for your help Dotty, will nip out and get some antifreeze !!
  2. M

Radiator Capacity

so its a 50/50 split between water and antifreeze?? seems alot, was thinking it would only be around 25% AF then topped up with water....so did you use between 4 and 5ltrs of AF then?
  3. M

Radiator Capacity

im not sure to be honest, mine came from cyprus and so not much need for it there!! it should ideally be changed at least every 2 winters anyway and for the sake of a tenner for some antifreeze it could save you hundreds in the long run if anything cracks.
  4. M

Radiator Capacity

Does any one know the radiator capacity for the DC5, ive looked everywhere!! As its that time of year i need to get anti-freeze in it asap, so if anybody's filled their's up recently and can help please let me know cheers
  5. M

vtec

Have checked the oil and is at maximum so will try running it in for a few miles and see what happens. my mates dc2 had the same problem but his just came back after a while for some reason. Cheers for the help guys.
  6. M

vtec

have tried disconnecting my battery already but will top up my oil to max level and see if that makes a difference. cheers buddy
  7. M

vtec

I took my teg in to my local Honda garage where i had my standard airbox re-fitted to the teg. just as i left, the engine management light came on, doh!! took it back in, they fiddled with the ecu and it dissapeared. great i thought!!! Then as i drove home i realised my vtec doesnt work...
  8. M

DC5 Recall Annoucement

Like sum guy has already mentioned, nearly all DC5's in the u.k at the min will fall into that catergory of vin numbers including mine. i'm keen to get more info on this problem as ive already previuosly had to splash out on a 2nd engine!! i really dont need another four figure bill.....
  9. M

Mugen collection

ive been searching for ages but no joy. try [url=http://www.nengun.com">www.nengun.com for mugen parts or
  10. M

slight vibration when braking

i get a slight judder when i brake hard if i dip the clutch. had it checked by Honda dealer but couldnt find anything wrong. I got a second opinion of a trusted tuning garage and said it may be caused if brake pads other than the standard spec are fitted.
  11. M

what are best brake pads to buy?

nice one guys, how much are the mintex 1144 pads tho lockwood77? when you say expensive....how expensive are they mate??
  12. M

what are best brake pads to buy?

When i sold my DC2 6 months later i bought a DC5. Having heard the newer model came with BREMBO brakes i was quite excited as the brakes on DC2 are awesome, but sometimes when i brake hard on the DC5, the car judders? i spoke to my local Honda gargage and they said they couldnt find anything...
  13. M

importin my dc5

Hey guys, i'l soon be importing my DC5 into the u.k. has anyone else done this, if so did you have any major dramas puttin it thru SVA? Does anyone know any cheap but reliable garages that will do it? cheers