Recent content by R-39294

1. R

JDM K20A EP3 BOTTOM END BUILD / HELP ?!

Run a magnet over those metal flakes - pieces. If they stick you might have something in the bottom end that is wearing. If they are Aluminum I would look at your head
  2. R

http://downloads.hondatech.info/Auto/Manuals/RSX/Ab0VE.Acura%20RSX%20(02-03)%20Service%20Manual.zip click here to download a PDF version of the 02-04 RSX Service Manual. search on page 207 or in 8-11 and see hoe it's done
  3. R

Miles of the engine? How the crankshaft looks? Post a photo from your crankshaft too mate!
  4. R

Ticky Engine

Find a way to measure your oil pressure. If your pressure it's below 10psi at idle it's a problem. You need to check your rod bearings immediately. I believe Honda says that anything over 10psi idle oil pressure is normal. If you are ok from oil pressure then i believe that you are running with...
  5. R

My biggest concern are the metal shavings in the sump as you already said. Do you have magnetic bolts in your sump? Everything you found it's the same, Both K20A2 or K20A wearing the same rod bearings. Be sure for tighting the rod bolds right Find the correct colors and install them.
  6. R

K24 k20 engine build, anyone on here done it?

The k24 motor it's a good solution for natural aspired situations. You need to have a head with more cfm, very good exhaust manifold and better intake maniford too (if you are running prc). You also may need lighter forged pistons, I beam conrods, notice that stock K24 internals aren't the best...
  7. R

Dyno Charts!!

A presentation of my own civic type r specs stock jdm K20A inside injen 3inch cold air intake RBC intake manifold Kpro (rev limited 8700rpm) 4-2-1 DC race header 70mm exhaust vtec 4600rpm on full throttle, crusing vtec goes around 5000rpm oils 5w-30 torco SR1
  8. R

Idle oil pressure issues... Urgent help needed!!!

Your pressure is just fine
  9. R

Idle oil pressure issues... Urgent help needed!!!

First of all check another type of oil such as 5w-30 or 5w-40 oils. Then if your oil pressure still low check your con rod bearings. Another issue of droping the idle pressure comes from the chain tensioner. It could be nice to check it because sometimes the spring inside them become softer. Do...
  10. R

Turbo kit

A friend of mine ( here in Greece) running his Civic Type-R Fn2 Turbo almost for 2 and half years without any problems His engine specs includes i) Turbo Garrett GT3076r ii) Injectors ID 1000cc iii) external wastegate Precision 46mm iv) Blow off valve Tail 50mm v) fuel pump walbro 255lt/h vi)...
  11. R

What 's the difference between the K20a and the K20a2 ??

I think valvetrain between K20A and K20A2 are the same... But Honda made some serious changes both in K20A and K20A2 during times For example Early 02 models had doulbe valve springs intake (blue) & exhaust (red) Part numbers Double Red - Double Blue 14751-PRB-A01 SPRING, IN. VALVE (inner)...
  12. R

Hello From Greece...

Thanks all for the welcomes... I'm from mainland, city called Karditsa ( around 300km north from Athens)
  13. R

Oil advice and recommendations

I think that we should be more carefull in oils characteristics For example oil analysis in Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, Flash Point °C, Fire Point °C, Noack Volatility, % weight loss (g/100g)... and a LOT OF ZINC (helps i high revving motors) After checkin' this...
  14. R

Hello From Greece...

I hope my English is ok up in here though (I speak fluent English) Name's Peter, I am an active member of honda-tech.gr Greek community I owned a cosmic grey civic Ep3 Type-R with a few mods on it About a year ago i changed my broken K20A2 motor with jdm K20A I'm running Kpro (stop revving at...