Recent content by viper1984

1. viper1984

Where does this bracket belong?

It fits there nicely :xgrin: Thank you both for your assistance
  2. viper1984

From looking at photo of engine bays it looks like it goes on the the throttle body holding the throttle cable. Can anyone confirm?
  3. viper1984

Hi Can anyone advise where about in the engine bay this bracket belongs please? Thanks in advance
  4. viper1984

KPRO and swapping in an OEM ECU

Just did some reading and apparently 37820-PRC-013 is the first ECU the DC5's came with and then there was a slight revision for 2003 DC5's which had the 37820-PRC-023 ECU.
  5. viper1984

Thanks Mark. Can anybody advise if that ECU code '37820-PRC-013 2070-301686' above is for a pre facelift?
  6. viper1984

Hi If I explain my situation, it should illustrate my question. I have a KPRO which was I had added to the ECU which came with my DC5. The DC5 is a 2002 pre facelift it also has an aftermarket Cobra CAT1 alarm/immobiliser. I want to get an OEM ECU which I can swap for my KPRO ECU as I am...
  7. viper1984

Engine Oil top up question

I know its a little early, but so far my calculations indicate I'm noticing improved mpg too! Not really just a Friday wind up to pass the afternoon at work quicker :xaiweb5:
  8. viper1984

Well I needed to go to Waitrose and get some wine and my weekly shopping so I thought I would give it a try as I was feeling thirsty. The car seemed to run really nice on the way down there. On the way back I thought I would give it some stick on the dual carriageway. My days, did it go! It...
  9. viper1984

Hi The oil dip stick level is at the bottom mark, and I don't want to risk damaging the engine by driving to get some more oil from a shop as the nearest is 20 miles away. Would it be ok to use olive oil to top it up for now? The kind that is used for cooking. It seems to have the same...
  10. viper1984

Greenlight insurance highly recommended!

I just went with Greenlight too. £389 - 29, 7NCB, had car 3 years. I also got quotes from Sky, Keith Michaels, BrentAcre, Adrian Flux, A Plan, Chris Knott. While they were all close, Greenlight gave the best quote straight away and their customer service (Neil) was superb.
  11. viper1984

Hard waxes/sealants in winter

Collinite 476 is a tough wearing wax
  12. viper1984

Best induction for DC5R

Or the ARC box http://www.rhdjapan.com/arc-super-induction-box-dc5-fd3s-53565
  13. viper1984

TGM Sport

Another mention for the great service at TGM. Went to get my MOT done and tyres fitted a couple of weeks back. When driving my car to the MOT station Tom noticed the clutch could do with being replaced soon. Took it back to TGM to get the clutch done, and now it drives better than before...
  14. viper1984

Atten: Kakimoto owners. Anyone mated this with a decat?

I have a Buddyclub header with the Regu 06&R. I found it made little difference to the noise inside the car, but i expect its louder to people in cars behind you....
  15. viper1984

Reduced Mileage and Mirrored NCB Policies (Massive Savings)

Hi Quick question, what happens if you have 12 months insurance have a reduced mileage of say 6,000 miles and you go over it after 10 months of driving? Is your insurance then invalid? Thanks