Search results

1. M

Rear disc and Pads DC5

Rear Brake problem My rear discs always look a bit rusty and not much break pad wear and definatly no brake dust, even after 3000 miles from fitting new pads. I always feel 90% of the breaking is on the front, I've had the rears checked twice and all seems OK. If I break really hard then...
  2. M

Which Springs for road use

I,ve changed the jap tyres for Eagle F1's and this has made the ride on our terrible Gloucestershire roads better, however I do want to put on some softer springs, I.ve read many views and nearly decided to go for Eibach Pro-Kit springs which also lowers the car 25mm. Anyone been using the...
  3. M

Engine Service - Valves

My DC5 now covered 27K, so 3rd service due. I aleady replaced the pads and changed the oil so look it into Honda for an engine service. DC5's do not have a cam belt or self adjusting valves, so at 27k the valve clearence needs adjusting, Honda charged 1 hr labour. and they advised all...
  4. M

Headlight upgrade

The dipped HID’s are great, but full beam is soso, The lamp is an “H1” so I fitted some Ultra Xenon 55w and it’s a big improvement, £15 contact Ring Automotive for stockists 0113 2767676
  5. M

Wipers

I had a problem with the drivers wiper lifting so changed to a Bosch one with spoiler, now its fine. Driver side is 24”, passenger side 20”. Also my car came with a very small blade on the rear screen so fitted a 28”
  6. M

DC5 in Gloucestershire

Got my DC5 a few weeks ago and now sorted many things out so I’ve posted a few comments. This is the best car I ever had and so much more fun than my BMW 325CI sport. Many thanks for all the chat
  7. M

Pollen Filter

I just found out DC5’s has a pollen filter. It’s behind the glove box. My car didn’t have the filters in (2 both same size) but it’s a standard Honda UK part so any good non genuine parts distributor should have it. Honda is expensive at £38. To fit unclip the 2...
  8. M

Replacing Rear Pads

Hi I got my dC5 a few weeks ago, its great. However I need some new rear pads, the fronts are nearly new, but I have the feeling all the breaking is on the front and I expected the breaking to have a better feel. As I don't do track days I was thinking of replaceing with Ferodo FDB150S...