Search results

1. Gary

Injector cleaner at MOT time

Sorry lads my info was a bit minimalistic, I of course replaced the 2-1 section with the standard cat and according to the paperwork it failed on both low and fast idle emissions and it did also fail due to the conical seal to the back box having gone which I replaced prior to the re-test but it...
  2. Gary

Injector cleaner at MOT time

Last week my car failed it's MOT on the emissions and as I wanted to get the K-pro re-tuned at TDI which I can't do for another month or so I needed a quick fix and the bloke at my local tyre depot suggested injector cleaner which the car subsequently passed on, so does that mean this stuff...
  3. Gary

Bolster repair

Thanks for that pointer TypeGRRR, a very informative and illustrative post, hence all the props you got =D> for the obvious effort you put in! You say when you tried to swap the seats over you ran into difficulties, can you be a bit more specific as both my upper and lower side bolsters are...
  4. Gary

Bolster repair

Has anyone ever had their seat bolsters repaired??? if so, when? where? how much? and of course,were you happy with the result - did the new alcantara match up, or did it look like a pigs ear??? I either need to get mine done or I'm gonna have to buy a new seat.................. as usual thanks...
  5. Gary

Advice please

Alright guys haven't been on in a while, but I need to generate some cash to finish off my house so I'm lookin to sell my Blue 2002 DC5, how much should I ask for a quick sale???..... minus points are a dent in the drivers door and a chip on the front lip spoiler, significant wear on the...
  6. Gary

Clutch question

Cheers BB but as I said in my first post altho I have the 4-2 2-1 Spoon I never got round to fitting the 2-1 section as it was coming up to MOT time and in N. Ireland it's done in govt. run test centres so there's zero chance of gettin someone to look the other way so to speak! So anyways what...
  7. Gary

Clutch question

Ok lads appreciate the replies, I'll not bother with the flywheel then as I've never been one for sacrificing comfort particularly for minimal gains! Can anyone one help me with the other part of my query namely is it normal having never tracked the car in any way, to have to replace the clutch...
  8. Gary

Clutch question

Alright guys, just a bit of advice on the clutch, I've done a search and the general consensus seems to be, to stick with the OEM unit, and I know Tom has said that they've certainly served him well at race level so there should be no problems regarding longevity and therein lies my problem...
  9. Gary

ABS warning light!!!

Cheers Chris, will try that in the morning!
  10. Gary

ABS warning light!!!

Bump, c'mon lads does nobody have any idea at all??? :?
  11. Gary

ABS warning light!!!

Hi. I've got a problem with my ABS dash light coming on when I pull away quickly or driving on a bumpy road and once it's on it stays on until I park up for a while like at work or something before restarting, I thought it was maybe the fluid level was on the limit and so any bumps or jerks...
  12. Gary

dc5s in northern ireland?

Yeah Rob it is :D there's a magnolia :wink: one in there too with a nice plate on it, that's not you is it??? or do you own the grey CTR that's usually parked near the bike sheds???
  13. Gary

Ok Oma, if you check out my Help MOT failure thread all the details are on there but as I said I have one extra already done in red as the machine runs off two at a time so if you don't buy mine but go to the same place, you'll have to buy two as well!
  14. Gary

Help MOT failure *UPDATE*

Sorry haven't been on in a while yes I got it sorted with a company called M Tech Graphics from Magherafelt but I had to get their number from an importer as it wasn't in the book and as I said I still have one spare decal - should anyone need it let me know cos it'll be cheaper and save you...
  15. Gary

I've just had to get a decal made up to illustrate KPH on my speedo to make it a dual clock which altho doesn't seem to be a problem on the mainland is rigidly enforced over here due to the fact that we annex the Republic, so anyways when I got mine done the machine actually runs off two, so if...
  16. Gary

Have never had to use Dave Johnson before a couple of months back and then have had to two or three times in quick succession, bulbs, decals etc. and altho I was aware of his rep I didn't realise just how much he deserved everything that was said about him, until I experienced it first hand...
  17. Gary

Imported mine while I was workin in England, but I'm home for good now, I've always lived in Belfast and am back workin for Short Bros!
  18. Gary

Didn't want to do another thread, so here's the follow on, I've found a firm who does this, and they have the software required to make the correct calibrated graphic and they also apply it for around £12, bargain eh :D only one thing tho I have to get the speedo off and take it to...
  19. Gary

Not too bad "only" £16.50 I think - not the point tho is it, f**kin power crazy pen-pushin knuckle draggin jobsworths :evil:
  20. Gary

Just thinkin there's a brave few of these down south, anyone online who can tell me whether or not their speedo has to be dual calibrated and if so where did they or their importer get the decals??? ............. and Gaz do you know of anyone in the North who can help and what of older cars...