Search results

1. S

Changing rear pads - rear piston decompression

I am about to change my rear pads. Now I have not done the rear ones yet, the front ones were quite easy to change. I have a question about the piston which compresses the caliper to fit the new pads in. Can i simply push the piston back in so I can fit the caliper around the new pads by...
  2. S

wheels stuck to the hub

Upon deciding to replace my rear brakes, I sat down with all me tools, undid the rear wheel nuts, raised the car, tried to pull it off but no joy. Spent an hour on it trying to remove it to get at my rear brakes having to give up in the end because it was taking too long. The only thing which...
  3. S

ITR in max power

Anyone seen the ITR in Max Power? The guy was driving it through my old home town of Kingswinford in the midlands. A mate of mine saw him and apparently he is looking to get 500 bhp out of it.. not quite sure how.
  4. S

ARGH warped wheel - someone help

Urgent help needed.. I just found out one of my tyres has warped on the inside causing a lot of damage to the inside of the tyre. If anyone is in the vicinity of nuneaton and could lend me a spare wheel with a tyre for a day or so while I take a visit to mr garage to get my new set, then I...
  5. S

Renewing slight wheel damage

getting rid of chips on the wheels. Anyone know a good way of getting rid of chips on the wheels? These are not ones which have been caught by the gutter, just rubbish coming from the road taking the paint and damaging the actual alloy slightly. Just primer and paint?
  6. S

JR header and Toda/or Spoon exhaust

Hello, I am thinking about the above combination. I am looking for something which does not need me to take my car apart when I need an MOT. Something which is not going to split in 2 after a month on the car, and of course gives me reliability :) I dont wanna travel 200 miles from...
  7. S

My oil is not used up as I expected it

Ok, so the teg uses oil, however, I have only put about a litre in mine in the last 3 months. I know the teg is supposed to use oil, but I expect that is because of the way the engine is treated. I check mine weekly, and it really does not need topping up weekly at all. Is this normal, or...
  8. S

fitted my injen - what a mare :)

Well, I have to say, this Injen CAI is one top mod - but what a pain in the neck to fit. This was my first install on any car and I rekon its gone well, and what a difference to the performace this has made !! I had a K&N typhoon induction kit on there before which sounded ok, but I didnt...
  9. S

another newbie question ..... Injen or GruppeM

Ok. I am about to take the plunge into the realms of credit card transactions for upgrades to my car and serious debt around the corner skills. These 2 air intakes. The injen is cheaper than the GruppeM, which is a bonus, I am not sure however the performance difference. If the GruppeM can...
  10. S

My next lot of upgrades ....

Ok, I am thinking this combination. I have had a GOOD look around and after the meet today got some more info and I have come up with the following list..: Toda Exhaust Header Mugen twin loop or Spoon Exhaust .. not sure which yet. Injen Cai Hondata ecu :) thats going to be my first phase I...
  11. S

Stock brake pads

Hello, I am taking my car in to have the brakes done by my local Honda dealer. I do not have the facility to change them at my house unfortunately, so I think this is the only alternative at the moment. Are the stock pads suitable for street use, or should I forget Honda's parts, and find my...
  12. S

does anyone have "Integra Type R" on their DVLA SO

On the Tax renewal/sorn form from the DVLA, it states the make, model and engine size of your vehicle. For my teggy, depending on which database the dvla logs into, it can be one of 3 things: a) Honda, 2000cc b) Honda, Integra, LX 2000cc c) Honda, Integra Type R now, im my tax form it has...
  13. S

Puncture advice please

Ok. I found out I picked a puncture up from work.. little screw in there. Last time I drive round the NEC in my car again.. so. Whats the best stuff to use for it? I am running standard honda wheels with Yoko A539 tyres. The puncture is in one of the grooves of the tread. Is this fixable with...
  14. S

Supercharging, and the stpes necessary to get there

Hiya :) Ok, I want to do some research .. have done some looking around on the internet .. but half of the time the conversations go like.. "super charging .. no you dont want to do that ..you want to turbo .. but then turbo puts pressue on the engine here and you could blow yourself up. So...
  15. S

Brakes squeaking

Hi, I have stock pads on my dc5 (not sure which ones the stock are) and the front ones under the brembo calipers are squeaking. Anyone have any idea why this is on stock pads? I imagine the only solution is to change them or something. ta
  16. S

Insurance .. how much you all paying?

Hi. Just as it says. I am curious to know how much you are all paying, what cover, how many NCD etc. Me... £728.00 28 yr male fully comp protected no claims guarenteed car hire 8 years no claims I gathered that this is good as every other insurance company (even the ones out of the...
  17. S

New house and a new Car .. im now a DC5 OwnAR ! :)

I think i should be a hip hop star :) Hello. Got me a DC5 at last :) Is expensive running the house and running the car, but I am keeping on top of it all. Here it is dirty And here it is clean :) Im from warwickshire but originally from around the west side of brummyland. Hi to all :)
  18. S

2 questions : paint and ECU

Hello, I bought a 2001 dc5 about 1.5 months ago now. Very happy with it and just wanting to say hi to everyone on here :) I am a complete newbie when it comes to the car, the ECU, and things in general, so please forgive my n00b questions - I have a quick learning curve though :) Ok. The...