Search results

1. K

RSX-S vs. TYPE-R - The smaller differences

Not sure if this has been covered before, but it would be interesting to see what you guys have found. We all know the basics, K20A vs. K20A2, LSD vs. open diff, colors, RHD vs. LHD, Brembo vs. crap, cool interior vs. booring interior, etc. But what about the small difference? This is what I...
  2. K

Gearbox rebuild - Options

During the winter I will drop the gearbox to install a new clutch, synchros maybe a new flywheel, and maybe a new LSD. At the moment 2nd gear is very hard to engage and crunches almost every time. Also every time the clutch is pressed / released there is a loud creeking noise coming from inside...
  3. K

Enginen died - Blowing no. 6 fuse (under-hood) @ ignition

Well, it seems the car just want's to keep messing with me. The engine died on the highway yesterday (normal cruising, about 3% throttle) No cel etc. engine cranks but doesn't start. I took the fuel line off and there is no fuel coming when cranking. Checked fuses, and fuse number 6 in the...
  4. K

Where are my ponies? (missing 70-80hp!!)

Ok, so I got my car dynoed (first time on a dyno!) on a rototest dyno. After 5h of tuning k-pro the result was a dissapointing 138.3Kw wheel power @ 8380 rpm & 193.6 Nm wheel torque @ 5700rpm. My engine specs are: K20A Hondata K-Pro IPS K2 Mark2 /w oem combo valvetrain Toda heavy duty timing...
  5. K

Got my DC5 finally - Load of questions (and some pics)!

Just got my prefacelift DC5 yesterday (The first one in Finland!) and now I have a bunch of questions for you guys. :) My last car was a 2003 CTR and it was at some point heavily modified. I know that car very well so the DC5 isn't a stranger performance wise. However, I have never seen a DC5...
  6. K

Skunk2 70mm TB - NO EVAP?

I have a skunk2 70mm TB here waiting to be fitted on my car. However, fiddling with the TB I discovered that it doesn't have a fitting for the EVAP canister purge valve. Here is a picture of the stock (EP3 CTR) TB. Number 1 is the EVAP. And here is a picture of the Skunk2 TB (sorry couldn't...