Search results

1. Topgeezer

Rear shock slight leak?

Car went for MOT today and passed :) but had advisory of rear offside damper has a light misting of oil :( They are oem dampers with eibach pro springs, what are my options? new oem/new after market/used, tried phoning Tom @ TGM but waiting for a reply, in the meantime any idea's guy's. Don't...
  2. Topgeezer

Samco induction hose?

Thinking of getting one of the Samco induction hoses, are they a straight swap with no mods or do you have to cut/fettle them to fit the Teg. They seem to me to be on the expensive side so are there any others cheaper? or is Samco the way to go. T.G.
  3. Topgeezer

Admiral multicar insurance any good?

Anyone using Admiral with their multicar insurance? how do you rate it? Iv'e got my runner with them and had a pre quote on the Teg earlier this year and it sounded pretty good, it's getting nearer the time to re insure the Teg so just wondering what are the pro's and con's using them. T.G.
  4. Topgeezer

BRAKE CALIPER PISTON REWIND WIND BACK TOOL?

My son just replaced the rear pads on a civic and had to borrow one of the above tools, do we need one of those when doing the Teg rear pads? He was lucky as our local garage doesn't mind lending tools out but seen them on fleabay cheap enough so was wondering about the situation with our cars...
  5. Topgeezer

Spanner size for brake calliper nipples?

As above need to get a spanner for the brake calliper nipples, anyone know what size to get? or point me in the direction of one online :) None of my metric sockets/spanners fit...... Thanks. T.G.
  6. Topgeezer

Brake fluid change?

Going to do a brake/clutch fluid change shortly, would a litre be enough, giong to use some fluid with a blue tint so i'll know when it's through the system. This stuff HERE P.S nothing wrong with the brakes/clutch just a preventative measure ;) T.G.
  7. Topgeezer

Poorboys wheel sealant?

Put me right guy's, when using Poorboys wheel sealant do you wax after you put it on or before or not bother waxing at all. T.G.
  8. Topgeezer

Store with tank full or empty?

What's best store over winter with fuel tank full or empty? Going to park the DC5 up soon now we are getting less nicer days so was just wondering........Saying that i'm liking the few days of sun/dry we've had ;) T.G.
  9. Topgeezer

FRSU what do i need?

Thinking of having the FRSU done and TGM is my preferred place to have it done as iv'e used them before, springs and camber bolts (i think) are needed.......Anything else? Heard good things about THESE Eibacks any good? Not contacted TGM yet so i dont know if they supply parts needed...
  10. Topgeezer

13 Min's left to get this little beauty.

DC5 1/18 T.G.
  11. Topgeezer

Quite a stunner and different.

Although iv'e got my Teg i alway's keep an eye on DC5's for sale and this has just been listed on fleabay CLICKY Looking at the under bonnet shot it used to be C/W. Dont know the seller, look's like he's just started, anyone had a look yet? It's certainly different/one of a kind. T.G.
  12. Topgeezer

Charged 0 to 60mph time?

Just interested on modified charged engines, what are you guy's 0 to 60mph times? when you have done the deed. Is there much difference, i think normal unmodified is around 6.5sec's to 60mph. Has anyone timed it. Or what are the 1/4 mile times of standard and modified? (proper track times of...
  13. Topgeezer

Sound's upgrade done ;)

Booked the car in this weekend for front speakers, had them fitted by SoundEvo in Watford. had a couple of JL 525 -CXI 5.25” Coaxial Speakers and can recommend them. Also got a sub for a bit of base which my son fitted.....Very nicely, held in place by a bungee ATM ;) (it'll do for now) got...
  14. Topgeezer

What happened to TGM'S brake caliper refurb thread?

Seemed there was quite a bit of interest when it was up! Posted on there myself but cant see any reference to any more.......Did they change their minds? Natalie what occured? :xwave:
  15. Topgeezer

Wind deflector! need double sided foam tape

Can anyone recommend some double sided foam tape as one of my wind deflectors has started to let go, only been on a year, genuine ones as well :( Links would be great xthumbup Thanks in advance T.G.
  16. Topgeezer

Best front pads without all the dust?

Don't know if i'm after something that doesn't exist but with white wheels the brake dust drives me crazy. Anyone have any experience of cleaner wearing pads with as good performance as the Brembo OEM. I only use the car on road with no track use so ultimate performance is not needed, just...
  17. Topgeezer

Airbag recall!

Looks like this may affect us, CLICKY
  18. Topgeezer

Cleaner for CW wheels? Non aggressive...

Can anyone recommend a non aggressive wheel cleaner for CW white wheels. Some of them are acid based so would like any thing that'll do the job without damaging the paint etc. Iv'e got some Poorboys wheel sealant ready but want to deep clean em before i use it.
  19. Topgeezer

Seat's to low ?

After coming from a DC5 Type S and going to a DC5 Type R i'm finding the non height adjustable seats a little to low, anyone else find this? There okay for normal driving but i'm finding when going slow and parking/manoeuvring in tight spaces thats when it affects! if that seems clear..... I...
  20. Topgeezer

When does Sky send out renewals?

Insurance with Sky runs out 18th Oct, when do you guys send out the renewal quotes? Hope you are going to be competitive again...... Thanks TG