Search results

1. S

Rear hub assembly

So one of my bearings is humming a good'un..... I've had a quick look about and ntn ones are about 90quid a piece. .... I know what everyone will say .. You get what you pay for but I was just wondering if any you guys had tried and tested the gmb one from japserviceparts... Seems a steal at...
  2. S

Japan Racing JR3

Evening chaps, The only size that's going to fit these is the 17 x 8 but they only come as an et35 in 5 x 114.3 in gold... That's 35mm extra poke (10mm wider and 25mm off the offset) and from what I've read up to 25mm fills out the arches... Without buying wider fenders/arches how much work...
  3. S

dare dr 19 alloys

Evening boys and girls... Just a quick question Been looking into getting these next year in gold. .. but I'm really not that great with offsets etc so just wondering if these would fit and what kind of size tyre I'd need/would be best to get them to fit... My options are 18x7.5 et 42 or et...
  4. S

titanium exhaust

Just a quick question out of interest really.... Had a horrible droany exhaust when I first purchased my car, long story short. Baffles went, bought a cat back... On later inspection (mate trying to weld unsuccessfully) it turned out that the over axle part of the exhaust was titanium, no brand...
  5. S

Gearbox rebuilt... new clutch.... still not happy

After lots of time, effort and money, the gearbox has been rebuilt with new oem bearings and seals, new oem clutch fitted and my problem persists, Firstly some of the problem has sorted itself from rebuilding etc. Grinding in neutral sorted! Lighter clutch with no whine sorted! But what hasn't...
  6. S

Input shaft bearing concern!

After pretty much being 100% that this is the cause of the horrible gravel noise on idle in neutral, clutch up, sound going when clutch is engaged etc I've recently started to hear a grinding of similar sound in all gears at like 1/4 throttle and also decelerating , I originally thought it was...
  7. S

Input shaft bearing?

Evening chaps, starting to realise a whine when decelerating and clutch engages, when idling in neutral I can hear a faint constant noise. Hard to describe, then when clutch goes in... Silence and reappears when engaged again... Would I be right in saying it's the input shaft bearing? And if so...
  8. S

Greenlight>sky

Well had my renewal from sky for 825quid... Thought it was a bit steep and gave green light a call, 10mins later I'm over 150auid better off, sweeeeet! Highly recommend them, even got my first three mods put on the policy for no extra!
  9. S

Decided (thankfully) against 350z

Evening guys and gals, Well, after much consideration, I'm keeping the teggy! Decided to finally pump some money into it, already done DC Sports system, custom intake and git a few shiny bits on the way, stripping the car down to replace anything crusty/rusty, shotblasting and painting. Now...
  10. S

Nasty squeal

Evening boys and girls.... Just after a few thoughts... Firstly your probably thinking belt..... Which in this instance I don't think is the case The problem is specifically rpm based.... Neutral or geared at between 2500rpm and 2900rpm a nasty squeal appears and then disappears... Pretty...
  11. S

kph to mph! aarrgghh

Hiya guys, as you all know I joined yesterday after buying my first teg on Friday but have noticed through research that the Speedo has to read mph.... I'm the first UK owner and the car is UK registered, mot'd and taxed.... But the original kph Speedo is still in there.... Anyone know where to...
  12. S

Finally!

Hey guys and girls! After a few monthes searching and trawlling through this site... Plus a 3hr drive to Bedford, I have my first dc5 :) Just saying hi and hoping to get to know some of you people as what I've previously read was so helpful! Not sure how many are about the Norwich area but I'm...