Search results

1. RobS

Performancetek, Glasgow, for remap

do automek supply kpro's though?
  2. RobS

Enkei wheel size

im debating getting these at the moment as well. Been talking to Indi, and 3.2 front camber and 1.8 rear is required, along with the 8mm spacer and rolled arches. car is a track car but also my daily, not sure if the camber is too much to warrant it...
  3. RobS

forward motion squeak/Chirp

For a while now my car has made a strange noise. It sometimes happens when I go over bumps, but not very often. It happens usually when I am changing gear and the car loads back up, it can happen if im driving slowly and mash the accelerator. Basically it seems to be when the car gets lateral...
  4. RobS

Joined the Dark Side Turbo 431Bhp!

Looks great, can you keep your a/c as well with the turbo setup? Is yours to the right of the engine in the airbox space or behind the block? Would you expect only wastegate pressure for around 300bhp?
  5. RobS

9J rims on springs?

Cheers, think the 9Js are et 45 so not as much poke as a 37 but then that's on a 8.5j as you say. I know they fit as several people have them in its just if they will fit with only springs and no height adjustability is the question.
  6. RobS

9J rims on springs?

Evening, been looking at a lot of wheel options tonight, and now have it in my head that If I want RPF1s they have to be 9J's. I know I need 8mm spacers and longer hub bolts for caliper clearance on the front, and my rear arches are already rolled, but will this work with only lowering...
  7. RobS

** EVEN MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE LAST IMPORTANT MESSAGE**

great stuff, thanks to all concerned :)
  8. RobS

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ , Possible closure of forum

excellent news, happy to donate if needed to help the survival :)
  9. RobS

Admiral

No nectar card here, £515 best price from Sainsburys. Prestige - £389 but worry over car model Admiral - £405 but their Admiral Adrian Flux - £450 Greenlight - £679 Renewal from Sky - £725 still to hear back from Brentacre and Keith Michaels, anyone else I have missed?
  10. RobS

Admiral

Tim, got a great quote but was advised that the car on the system is a DC2 1.8 but that the agent had spoken to the underwriter who understood it was a DC5 2.0 and that the quote and policy in general is valid. Little concerned about that, can you clarify at all and confirm it will be properly...
  11. RobS

Admiral

not yet Tim, will give you a call at lunch time :)
  12. RobS

Idle problem

I believe theirs a method to have the ecu relearn the idle point, I think you disconnect the battery for 5 minutes, then when car is completely cold start it up and either rev it at 3k until the fans come on or leave it for a good while until the fans kick in.
  13. RobS

Admiral

lovely, 50% off :) I've submitted a quote with Brentacre and Adrian Flux as well tonight, see what they come back with tomorrow as well first :)
  14. RobS

Admiral

Got my renewal through from Sky, £725 this year, compared to last years £750. Tried Greenlight, best they could do was £679, just tried admiral online and... £405.98 or £42.10 monthly! im shocked lol, definitely a DC5 as it states dc5 in the car section. I will be amazed if Sky get...
  15. RobS

Options for quieter exhaust?

is the Regu not restrictive though or am I imagining reading that somewhere?
  16. RobS

Track day friendly exhausts

Interesting topic, I had my first trackday today and feel like I need an exhaust next. Is the Regu not quieter than OEM with those db numbers?
  17. RobS

Post up your mileage of your DC5

about to hit 40k Miles, 2001 51 Reg - Imported on 34k in September 14.
  18. RobS

Starting tyre temps

Cya their Martin :)
  19. RobS

Starting tyre temps

Sorry I should of said, the tyres are Bridgestone RE070's 225/45/17. The pressures are a lot lower than I was expecting, do people set them to this at the track and have them higher for the journey home? thanks for the feedback and information, its my first trackday and I am really looking...
  20. RobS

Starting tyre temps

Hey all, got my firsttrack day at Croft on Monday 6th - what would people recommend for starting tyre pressures? I won't have the facility to change them I don't think during the day so need something safe first and foremost. Cheers, Rob