Search results

1. Bewesy

DC5 Starter Motor

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/47697-dc5-k20-densohonda-starter-motor/#entry477455
  2. Bewesy

DC5 Starter Motor

Yep. I had a weird no-start issue before Xmas (where intermittently it wasn‘t even clicking or trying to engage) I replaced the starter and still had the same problem. Turned out the aftermarket immobiliser was at fault which I removed, but I couldn‘t be bothered taking it all to bits to swap...
  3. Bewesy

DC5 Starter Motor

I have one for sale from a 2006 80k miler. £85 delivered. PM me if you‘re interested.
  4. Bewesy

Water leak in passenger footwell - advice needed

Seems quite common at the mo: http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/47199-dc5-type-r-wet-footwell/#entry471941
  5. Bewesy

I need a new shift knob...

+1 for Skunk2 :)
  6. Bewesy

Anyone tried replacing the knock sensor themselves?

Having recently swapped the starter from above and unplugging the knock sensor in the process to get the wires out of the way I could probably change my knock sensor from below but only having visualised it first. You‘d be doing it be feel alone as I don‘t think you can see it. Literally one...
  7. Bewesy

Weird starting issue. Any Ideas welcome :)

Cheers for that. It does look like both Cobra modules are up above the bonnet release though so I don‘t think it‘s heat related. I reckon i can get it out and rejoin the cut circuits if it does continue, but finger crossed it‘s sorted.
  8. Bewesy

Intermittent lumpy running....help :-(

Could you have knocked an earth off somewhere? I forgot to tighten the earth on the head for the injectors and it was ticking over fine, then suddenly it was all over the place and almost stalling. Tightened the earth up and it immediately fixed my issue.
  9. Bewesy

Thanks for the info. I‘m still not 100% but it‘s been fine since so time will tell. I must say the second time you do it is massively easier. Reckon I could swap a starter in 2 hours now, providing there‘s not seized / snapped bolts. If it does it again I‘ll be ripping out the Cobra...
  10. Bewesy

Well it appears the new starter has fixed the problem, although initially it did the same thing not starting. It‘s been fine all day yesterday and started fine in the cold this morning and all day today so fingers crossed that‘s the end of the woes. Also taking the inlet manifold off for the...
  11. Bewesy

Thanks guys :) Will be replacing the starter on Saturday so see what happens after that....
  12. Bewesy

That‘s what my extra wire was going to be for. (which I should have installed when I had it in buy originally.) So I need to get inlet off again to get to it so I‘m going to just stick a new starter on it. It‘ll either fix my prob or highlight another issue :)
  13. Bewesy

Cheers. What were your symptoms incidentally?
  14. Bewesy

It‘s not the actual connection I‘m testing, it‘s determining if it‘s the starter solenoid or the wiring leading up to it that‘s the problem. Managed to get the exciter wire off the solenoid this aft from below but I‘m about 5mm off being able to plug a new connector back on. Right at absolute...
  15. Bewesy

Thanks for the info, I‘ll bear that in mind. My next plan is this: I reckon if I reach up from the bottom I can get to the solenoid power wire connection. I‘m going to join another wire on it (as I should have done when I had it in bits). That way If it doesn‘t start and there‘s no power to...
  16. Bewesy

Yeah it does to me too. Just seems weird as it appeared to function fine when I was testing it today. Worth buying new or reconditioned?
  17. Bewesy

Yep. That was my first test :) 12.6 when off. 14+ when idling. Gonna work my way through starter circuit tomorrow.
  18. Bewesy

Ha, yep , tried that. Tried wiggling every wire I could get my hands on whilst the Mrs had the start button pressed in case there was a dodgy connection. I‘m almost at the point of just buying a new starter and battery cos I‘m running out of ideas.
  19. Bewesy

Hi, Firstly apologies for the monster post but I have got a strange issue that I‘m struggling to get to the bottom of with regards to starting and I‘m pulling my hair out to what it could be. Have trawled through many threads and think I‘ve exhausted my options. Monday morn (cold) DC5 didn‘t...
  20. Bewesy

Mugen rear lip replica?

I‘m also interested in your stories with these :)