Search results

1. A

Am I asking too much for my DC5?

Hi All, I've had my DC5 for sale for a couple of months now (on the forums and Gumtree) and other than a couple of low offers and a p/x it's only had a small amount of interest. I've since uploaded it to eBay, Pistonheads and Autotrader where it's had a number of views (1400+ and 3 watchers...
  2. A

Civic Type R FK2 - Test drive

Hi all, Yesterday I test drove the new civic type R at my local Honda dealership and I have to say I was very impressed! The car is a 65 plate in Polished Metal (Grey) and a GT model - with only 28 miles on the clock! So boring paperwork bit out of the way, we finally get to the car... opened...
  3. A

Intermittent squeaky gearbox

Hi all, For the second time now (in the last couple of weeks) my gearbox has started squeaking when moving the gearknob side to side... it's a pretty loud squeak and can be heard from outside of the car - also feels like there is a bit more resistance? The engine is switched off and I've just...
  4. A

DC5 - boosting options!?

Hi all, I'm planning on boosting the teg in the not too distant future (spring/summer next year)... It's currently running 230bhp and setup for fast road/track. The plan was to go the whole hog and get it forged and turbo'd - I've been quoted just over 10kand have been told that should see...
  5. A

DC5 - Recaro right hand bolster

Hi all, I asked Honda for a quote today and they want over £450 to fix the right bolster (including vat and fitting) and that's just the frame and foam (not the cover)!!!! I just found this on eBay and was wondering if anyone had done this themselves...
  6. A

DC5 - burning smell at high revs

Hi all, Picked up my 2005 '55 teg a couple of weeks ago and I've noticed a burning smell at high revs (this is only with the windows open though). There is no smoke, performance is fine, oil consumption is fine, fuel economy is fine, no oil leaks... I've taken it to TGM where Tom confirmed he...