Search results

1. WalshDC5

Revs sticking

Im having an issue with the teg, after giving it some beans the revs don't seem to want to drop down below 2k. Even when braking, the car seems to surge when It gets to 2k and hesitates. I've had the IACV replaced with a brand new one and had a look at the TB. Kinda running out of ideas now...
  2. WalshDC5

Help please

Can someone link me to a video or guide on removing the gaiter around the gear stick? All I can find are videos on RSXs :( Much appreciated
  3. WalshDC5

Km or miles?

I've recently seen a lot of for sale adverts stating that the advertised DC5 is in KMs and not miles? Are some DC5s imported and kept in KMs? I thought they would've all been changed over or is that dependant on who it's imported by? I r confused
  4. WalshDC5

Jamie FYD DC5

So the vlogger Jamie FYD has done a couple of tegs but more recently a white one with advans! Looked pretty cool, was just wondering if it was anyone on here?
  5. WalshDC5

EML after 2-2.5k idle

so the teg threw up an EML after idling high. it idled around 2-2.5k intermittently for about 10 minutes and would sit that even when i came to a stop and put the car in neutral. any ideas? ive had the IACV cleaned 2-3 times in the space of 3 months. any ideas? its happened a couple of times...
  6. WalshDC5

Tdi north

Just wanting some info on them, I've heard really good things about them, just wanting to know if anyone here has used them? I'm wanting to get a k100 fitted, possibly supplied, and mapped. Will they test the engine before hand to make sure it's healthy ect?
  7. WalshDC5

17/18? Where from?

Best place to get decent wheels from preferably with tyres? I'm also toying with the idea of going for 18s, anyone on here got any experience with them on a teg?
  8. WalshDC5

Interior

Has anyone got a picture of a black dc5 with blue interior? I can't seem to find one but I'm 99.99% it's been done before
  9. WalshDC5

Rolled arches

So I've had my arches rolled and on the inner lip, the paint has cracked and some has Coke away exposing bare metal. What can I do, apart from respraying, to protect them? Thanks :)
  10. WalshDC5

OEM?

Just swapped out the suspension that came with the car when I bought it and I'm wondering if it's OEM or otherwise. I've got eibach springs but have no idea about the damper. Got a couple of pics anyway
  11. WalshDC5

Issue after lowering

So after finally lowering my car on coilovers, I jump in and ride off into the sunset. As I'm coming towards a junction I dip my clutch and put the car into first (without releasing the clutch) and it grinds in! It's never done this before until I lowered it BUT it did grind into 2nd, although...
  12. WalshDC5

Top spoiler

Where can I get a top spoiler like the one pictured? I've never actually seen one on a dc5 before
  13. WalshDC5

Gear knob retaining nut

So I never noticed, until I recently bought a skunk2 knob, that I have no retaining nut to secure the knob in place. Anybody know where I can get a replacement? Thanks
  14. WalshDC5

Which coilovers?

Just wanting opinions from people that have tried either 6two1 coilovers, D2, BC or yellow speed. Only using them for street, won't be going anywhere near track as its my daily :) also if anyone else knows of any for around £700 get in touch :D
  15. WalshDC5

Weird revs when cold

So this only happens when I'm driving when it's cold. The revs don't drop off when I put the clutch in and sometimes they even rise. They do eventually drop off after a second but never had anything like this happen before :/ doesn't last for long either, maybe 2 minutes or so
  16. WalshDC5

USDM Side lights

Anyone on here fitted the bolts bolts universal USDM side light kit to their dc5? Is it even possible? Just wondering what it looks like
  17. WalshDC5

Genuine or Rota?

How can I tell if I have genuine DC5 wheels or rota torques? All the markings have faded on the back as have the stickers on the inside. Bought them today and they came with Honda centre caps. Can anyone shine some light on it for me?
  18. WalshDC5

Gearbox rebuild

Basically how much am I looking at roughly to have the box rebuilt?
  19. WalshDC5

NHB DC5

Hey guys, just part ex'd my Starlight black dc2 for a nighthawk black dc5 and i love it! Always wanted a dc5 and its everything I wanted :D Only real quibble is that the brakes don't feel that good compared to the dc2, anyone else found this or do I just need to change pads etc? Here she is in...