Search results

1. subtronics

Amp not turning off

Failing that, could you put an inline switch on the remote cable?
  2. subtronics

Amp not turning off

Any chance of a setting on the head unit that has changed?
  3. subtronics

Slight clunk noise

Yeah, I thought that, but if I get the car in the air, I can't recreate the noise or see any movement in the pads. Surely if there was enough movement to make this clunk, I would be able to see the pads moving back and forth. I have had a good poke around today, and all the bushes and joints...
  4. subtronics

Slight clunk noise

So to park at my house I have to reverse each time and its up hill. Pull up, knock it into reverse, and as I am lifting the clutch up, I get a metallic clunk (very cv joint sounding but not there while cornering). Then the same happens when I set off forwards again. It also does it if I'm coming...
  5. subtronics

Slight clunk noise

Anyone else have this issue or any information on how to fix it?
  6. subtronics

Dashboard Tweeter Covers

Still looking for these? I have swapped mine out for actual speakers! :)
  7. subtronics

BC coilovers from ep3

Nothing wrong with BC coilovers. Loads of people use them worldwide! :)
  8. subtronics

OEM speaker wiring

You might find that they both don't work. Unless you have put speakers in there? My prefacelift didn't come with tweeters.
  9. subtronics

OEM speaker wiring

I have replaces mine, if you want any help give me a pm mate :)
  10. subtronics

OEM speaker wiring

There is cable with sockets behind the grills, but if your spending money on decent speakers, you might as well run some new decent cable to them. It doesn't take much, and be well worth it, you can leave your old speaker cable in place. The Focal speakers I installed had wires already soldered...
  11. subtronics

Air Conditioning Not Working

Yay! Thanks for the heads up. Will get it in for a service then. :)
  12. subtronics

On that note, anyone know where the fuses for the A/c and heater actuators are??
  13. subtronics

I would prefer not to use them, they are good at what they do, but very expensive. I can see an aircon repair costing a fortune with them. Had a play last night, its almost like the cool air isn't coming out the system. Might be an actuator that is stuck.
  14. subtronics

Slight crunch into second

Mine does the same, spoke to Area motorsport, and they quoted £350ish to change the synchro for 2nd and they can do it in a few hours while you wait. They will will stick in a new clutch without any labour costs while they are at it too. I was going to get mine done, but it got loads better...
  15. subtronics

Yeah, they work hot to cold and different speeds as normal. Its just the when you switch air con on, do you get a whistling noise coming through the vents. Just given that a try, and it kicks in and out. You can hear the compressor in motion. Just when in the car the vents don't blow cold air...
  16. subtronics

Yeah, I put it on once a week for half a trip or so to work. But its making this odd whistling noise. Wonder if your right and something has gone through the condenser and its pulling air into the system. Where is the condenser located?
  17. subtronics

So, worst time of the year for it but my A/C is bust. I had it re-gassed earlier in the year and it worked well demisting the windows in the wet weather. But since it has got a bit warmer, it has given up the ghost. When I press the a/c button, the light comes on but I can hear a faint whirring...
  18. subtronics

How low is your exhaust?

Yeah, mine is like that. Cobra cat back on standard mani I think. Need to get under and have a good look. But never get chance! :)
  19. subtronics

How low is your exhaust?

Hmm....Toda is beond my budget! Will have to get under the car and have a look. See if I can bend the hangers a little. :)
  20. subtronics

How low is your exhaust?

I will get some pics up if needed. But my exhaust hangs low, like really low. I know its on the hangers, but it just seems quite prominent from the side. Is this normal for DC5's??