Search results

1. nails

Anyone know this car?

I am looking to get back into the dc5 fold, does anyone know this car? https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/integra/honda-integra-dc5-championship-white-c-pack-mint-condition/8786551
  2. nails

How much does exhaust diameter matter

I am about to go from a 60mm exhaust to a 70mm exhaust, but I am not remapping, at least not for the time being. Will the car be ok? I don't want any running issues, engine management lights, loss of power etc?
  3. nails

Where does everyone stand with decats?

I notice some people are openly running decats, and if I ever want to remap mine, a decat and header are the only mods left to do. My problems are, a decat invalidates your insurance and is not road legal. So in theory if you were in an accident, your insurance could refuse to pay out. Or even...
  4. nails

Wing mirrors holding water?

So, every time I wash the teg, I then stick it in the garage, it might not get driven for a few days or even a week after this, but however long it is left, as soon as I go for a drive water seems to appear from the wing mirrors and go down the sides of the car as I am driving along, and not...
  5. nails

Forum stickers

Where do we buy these from?
  6. nails

Bilstein B16

Anyone else running these? I have them on mine but they were on when I purchased the car. I really like them, handles amazingly well, and no knocks, groans or bangs. However, the previous owner had them set-up on the stiffest setting. Is this the normal thing to do?
  7. nails

Mobile ICE installer - south east

Does anyone know one? I don't really trust Halfords. There is a road radio local to me but they are not that great. I have used them with previous cars and they are very reluctant to do anything other than drop replacement speakers of the same size in. My plan is to buy some adapters to fit...
  8. nails

Excessive brake dust from brembo pads

I have the newer/uprated brembo pads on my DC5 and they create a lot of brake dust. Is this just a typical DC5 issue or are there other pads which are not so bad for this?
  9. nails

Tyre shine

I have used Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel for years, however, on my white teg I am not a fan, because even after leaving it to dry overnight it still manages to flick up and get on the body of the car. What are other people using? Preferably something less wet.
  10. nails

A pillar interior trim

Had to leave my car in the sun all day and came back to find the interior a pillar trim has come away, I tried to push it back in but it doesn't seem to have anything to attach to so just comes back again. Are these supposed to be glued in?
  11. nails

I want better sound quality

In my car currently is an alpine bluetooth headunit, this pairs fine with my phone and also has the mic installed so works fine for hands free calls. So although the head unit is a few years old, it can probably stay for the time being. The issue is the speakers, there is absolutely no bass...
  12. nails

Which areas/cities in Japan should I avoid importing from?

I am aware some areas have climates which may be worse in terms of risk of rust. Any ideas which ones to avoid? Specifically, there is a car in Nagoya I quite like. Any ideas if this is a good or bad place to buy one from? According to wiki it has wet summers which doesn't sound ideal.......
  13. nails

RSX Type S

I have just had pictures of my potential car from the importer. It is badged up as an Acura RSX Type S, the importer insists it is a genuine Type R, which is fine, however, I really don't want it, I want a proper Honda Integra Type R DC5 with the right badges. Am I being too fussy? I know I...
  14. nails

Protecting rear arches guide

Hi I have done a search but can't find what I am looking for. When my fresh import arrives in the summer, I want to get it properly under-sealed, in particular I want to protect the inner arches from rust. Is there a guide with pictures on here on how to get to the inner arches from inside...
  15. nails

Mental Prices

I am currently looking at fresh import DC5's, and have been quoted £9,800 for a 2001 car in white, c pack, with 63k miles. I know the mileage is lower than some, but 10 grand :xaiweb6: I was hoping to pay about 8 or 8.5k when I first started. Then I upped it to 9k. I am simply not paying 10k...
  16. nails

Which exhaust?

I don‘t have my DC5 yet, but when I do, I know the first mod will be an exhaust. I have been listening to various exhausts on youtube and reading past topics on here to get an idea as to what to go for. I want something that makes the most of the vtec noise when in vtec. When driving normally I...
  17. nails

Hello from Sussex

Hello from Sussex! :xwavey: I am planning on buying my first DC5 later this year, me and my girlfriend are buying a house so I need to get that out of the way first. I sort of know what to expect from a DC5, having owned three 4th generation Preludes and one Accord Type R in my time, to be...