Search results

1. moody_mage

Handbrake slipping

A few weeks back I tightened up my handbrake cable as it had waaay too much travel (20+ clicks). I set it to lock after 6 clicks or so and all was good. This set point has now started to move further and further up the handbrake travel and now unless I actually pull the handbrake all the way up...
  2. moody_mage

Improve road ride quality

I currently have Tein coilovers and polybushes (on the car when I bought it). The ride quality is really really harsh and unforgiving even with the softest setting on the adaptive dampeners, I'm often losing a bit of traction over rougher ground or having my foot bounced off the accelerator...
  3. moody_mage

Cog slippage noise/feeling when light clutch and turning

So I have a bit of an odd issue and would appreciate any advice on next best course of action. Whenever I am feathering the clutch and turning either left or right I get a terrible grinding sound which sounds and feels exactly like some cogs are slipping, usually this when I start moving again...
  4. moody_mage

Looking to buy a DC5 in the near future

Hi all, New member here, I've finally decided to buy a DC5 as it ticks all the boxes I've been looking for (sporty/4 seats/Japanese reliability/great looking) and was hoping to see if there are any recommended cars out there as well as ones to avoid. I'm kinda new to the whole scene and never...