Android Double Din Head Unit

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Hi,

Yes it has full play store access. I haven't tried spotify but I use Google Play Music on it with no problems. Never had an android app not work on it apart from Pokemon Go LOL.

Matt.

Bollard

subtronics said:
Do these have access to the Playstore?? And most importantly Spotify or Tidal apps??
I haven't purchased one myself yet (although its next on the shopping list) but it appears these all do have access to the Play Store as they are running the same kind of Android you'd have on your phone/tablet. I've seen people running Spotify on them in YouTube videos, but bear in mind they generally run older versions of Android if any apps you wanna use require newer versions.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
My radio reception has gone to pot on mine. Might be the car though.

Also apple music won't run on it annoyingly.

My biggest bug with it a year after buying is the sound quality over BT connection, gets bad at higher volume. I just put in an rca to 3.5mm Jack and use the AV input instead now.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
As a tip, with any of these Chinese style head units, I would get it from Amazon, as if something breaks in the future they are much more helpful with replacements / refunds than eBay ever will be..

I am tempted as I've got a pioneer one and the user interface is just awful and slow

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I've gone direct to the company mate and on their fbook etc they are really good at customer service and after sales from what I can see.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I've gone direct to the company mate and on their fbook etc they are really good at customer service and after sales from what I can see.
Link for the rest of us?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Just ordered one off Amazon for £209. Cheap enough and the one I have in the car is crap!

tricker_luke

Advanced Member

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
That's the one I bought for myself. Not had any issues. Looks like they updated Android on them now too. :)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
The one I linked with DVD player or the one in your second post?

If the same as the one I linked, could you take a pic so I can see it fitted please?

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Not the best photo but it's all I have on my phone at the moment.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjGIoroT4jw1iLBcPZ-OC3Wy38JGFQ

My link I posted in my second post was actually this stereo, but it looks like Amazon have changed the links so it now points to the wrong one :p

My stereo actually has the DVD player and the buttons down both sides.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
That looks good fitted so I reckon I will go for that one! I prefer the buttons, saves having to worry about finding the volume controls etc while driving!

I read a review and it mentioned the brightness, apparently you can drag the screen down from the top like a phone and adjust brightness there?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I got round to fitting mine today, over the moon and it's better than a £800 one I had in the Evo!

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
tricker_luke said:
That looks good fitted so I reckon I will go for that one! I prefer the buttons, saves having to worry about finding the volume controls etc while driving!

I read a review and it mentioned the brightness, apparently you can drag the screen down from the top like a phone and adjust brightness there?
Yes you can adjust the brightness easy enough. I downloaded an app off the play store that auto adjusts it depending on the time on day.