boot water

gregb

Advanced Member
strange time of year to be posting a topic on the above,but there was some water in and around the spare wheel well as i was getting the jack today.
anybody have the same problem and found the weakness?
exact same on my dc2 and i drilled the tinyest of hole in the spare wheel well which worked.
i also silicone sealed the top of the tailights which looked and worked fine.
i wouldn`t dream of getting the drill out this time :evil:

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Two things I would check.

1) There are two small clear plastic grommets with a neoprene seal which sit at the back of each tail light. (Two per taillight)

2) The neoprene tail light gasket.

I had the same problem, and replaced all of the above on mine, and cured the leak. Personally I would start with the plastic clips, as it turned out mine had a clip missing!! Possibly from someone fitting aftermarket lights at some point. :idea:

Best to get all of these parts new from Honda as you are trying to make a good seal against the metal on the bodywork.

gregb

Advanced Member
Glad to say due to migration circumstances the above problem does not involve me :lol:

qamvti

Advanced Member
Any person got pictures of the seals and any more suggestions as mine has water in the boot striped all the back cannot see where its coming in from :evil: have not taken lights out yet to see if seals are gone but they look ok or do I need take lights out to check, any suggestions would help.
Thank you

tara

Advanced Member
qamvti said:
Any person got pictures of the seals and any more suggestions as mine has water in the boot striped all the back cannot see where its coming in from :evil: have not taking lights out yet to see if seals are gone but they look ok or do I need take lights out to check, any suggestions would help.
Thank you

You will have to take the back bumper off to get the lights out and to get to the grommets properly :wink: if its the grommets you should see one missing or if its the seal it will probably have signs of water penetration or be very wet :idea: sorry i have no pictures to help you out more.

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
tara said:
You will have to take the back bumper off to get the lights out and to get to the grommets properly :wink: if its the grommets you should see one missing
Ah, I take it that was the problem with yours then!! :wink: Easy when you know what to look for isn't it. :idea:

qamvti

Advanced Member
tara said:
qamvti said:
Any person got pictures of the seals and any more suggestions as mine has water in the boot striped all the back cannot see where its coming in from :evil: have not taking lights out yet to see if seals are gone but they look ok or do I need take lights out to check, any suggestions would help.
Thank you

You will have to take the back bumper off to get the lights out and to get to the grommets properly :wink: if its the grommets you should see one missing or if its the seal it will probably have signs of water penetration or be very wet :idea: sorry i have no pictures to help you out more.

Will take lights out to have a look. Let you know how I get on.
Thanks for the infomation

tara

Advanced Member
AndyBITR said:
tara said:
You will have to take the back bumper off to get the lights out and to get to the grommets properly :wink: if its the grommets you should see one missing
Ah, I take it that was the problem with yours then!! :wink: Easy when you know what to look for isn't it. :idea:

Everything is easier when you have an idea :) and its then nice to pass on the info :idea:

qamvti

Advanced Member
Had a look are the grommets are these black or is the wrong thing I am looking at they look ok or should I change them, did your car have them missing.
Thanks

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
The simple fixes are always the best!! 8)

The grommets are clear plastic, with a black neoprene seal. They are only a few mm in diameter, and you will only see the tip of them protruding into your boot.

qamvti

Advanced Member
ITRNETWKZ said:
I've got this problem as well Im going to take a look at the grommets.

G.
Have not sorted mine as of yet but I think its a common problem as I went on to the RSX club and did a search and many of them have this same problem.