boot water

danny100

Advanced Member
Hi guys, i ve sort mine's by....open the boot,remove the lower half of the big-rubber-ring,remove all the shxt,check all round to check if any slight rush/hole(mine hasn't),then simply put some "tiger seal" to the 2 welding joint which located approx.5 or 6 inch above the rear light-cluster(both sides) as you standing behind the car with the boot opened...you can see a horizontal welding joint...i also done this to my wife's accord coupe(simular joint but higher up), No more pool on both cars since :D

Or another method can try, take spare wheel out, place newspaper all round...then that may tell u where water could come in from.. hope that ll help

Regard danny :)

baz_ctr

i have had this problem with every honda i have had and i have had a good few and has happened to 90% of the owner i know too just seems to be a common problem

qamvti

Advanced Member
baz_ctr said:
i have had this problem with every honda i have had and i have had a good few and has happened to 90% of the owner i know too just seems to be a common problem
I have had a crv, crx, civic EG and EK4 none of them had a leak, what common problem.

But on the DC5 yes take the rear lights off and put sealant on the back of the lights and bolt back up and you will have no more leak.

HTH

Kammy

Telf

It is a coomon prob. my CRX Mk2 leaked, both my DC2's leaked and now my 2005 DC5 leaks. Annoyign to say the least. Only the civics dont leak.

qamvti

Advanced Member
telf said:
It is a coomon prob. my CRX Mk2 leaked, both my DC2's leaked and now my 2005 DC5 leaks. Annoyign to say the least. Only the civics dont leak.
My Honda's must have been too new and loved LOL :lol:

forde090187

Ive stuffed a micro-fibre cloth (holds an awfull lot of water) under the spare where the majority of the water sits, every now and then i just wring it out, keeps it at bay nicely!

Tim J

Advanced Member
REDLINER said:
I have same problem water in boot do you really have to take off back bumper to take lights out???
If the lights are secured properly, then yes.

By the looks of it, the rear light clusters have a screw hole in the bottom to which the screw is only accessible when the rear bumper is off.

REDLINER

Re:

did this mean you did not have to remove bumper with this method of removing the lights???
Tim J said:
Phozy,

Hard to describe exactly but once you've done it, you'll see what I mean.

Assuming it's a 2001-2004 model, there are two small portruding discs at the bottom of each cluster, these match up to corresponding holes.

The best way to remove the cluster is to pull the cluster out so that the 4 threads are free from the bodywork and then tilt it upwards to free it from the locating holes.

HTH

Cheers

Tim J

Tim J

Advanced Member
Re: Re:

REDLINER said:
did this mean you did not have to remove bumper with this method of removing the lights???
Tim J said:
Phozy,

Hard to describe exactly but once you've done it, you'll see what I mean.

Assuming it's a 2001-2004 model, there are two small portruding discs at the bottom of each cluster, these match up to corresponding holes.

The best way to remove the cluster is to pull the cluster out so that the 4 threads are free from the bodywork and then tilt it upwards to free it from the locating holes.

HTH

Cheers

Tim J
My rear lights were/aren't secured the way that I believe, Honda intended them to be.

turbo5

Advanced Member
Tim J said:
REDLINER said:
I have same problem water in boot do you really have to take off back bumper to take lights out???
If the lights are secured properly, then yes.

By the looks of it, the rear light clusters have a screw hole in the bottom to which the screw is only accessible when the rear bumper is off.
You can take the rear lights out without removing the bumper. I took mine off to try holes in teh light clusters to allow the water out.
There is a screw which you can only reach with a long extension from underneath the car.

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
And here's thinking I was the only one! Discovered this last night as the little bag holding the nut wrench thing is all rusty and wet! Then discovered the spare wheel well is 2 inches deep in water!!

Need to check out this grommet/sealant malarky :D

Type_R6

Advanced Member
Yep it seems mine is gathering a tiny amount of water in the boot too :lol:
Anyone have any part numbers for the seals needed?

rodney

Advanced Member
I fear this operation is beyond me,the boot well is fairly critical with a good inch of water. Bit of a random one for TGM or Eurospec. Any members in the south planning to do this any time soon and I could possibly ghost the operation. How's yours chalks?!

rodney

Advanced Member
Right, found another pool of water in the boot so I stripped the rear plastic:-

Right:

Left:

Middle:

Has everyone else got this bodge looking seal placed in random spots throughout the boot?

I tipped water down the boot run so that it runs into the light cluster, didn't leak, I pourder water directly above the gap between the cluster and the chassis - still no leak.

This is a shot of the rear right cluster from within the boot, does anyone know where it could be coming in?

Any input gratefully received.

Thanks

Rob

P.S as its Fathers Day I thought i'd show you some pics of Hector at the wheel!

He's mad for it behind the wheel :)

qamvti

Advanced Member
Take the lights off put sealant on the light seals and no more water in the boot, simple.
HTH

Edy

Advanced Member
Just wanted to add, I decided to buy the Gaskets that sit behind the rear lights..

Part number 33502-S6M-A11 :idea:

This sorted the problem when I had my DC2 a few years back 8)