Bored with the teg, what next?

hondafreek

Advanced Member
It might be as quick as the teg, but look at it!

Especially in that first pee of the morning yellow. :xtsk:

roncee

Advanced Member
i had something against french cars until i took a chance and decided to buy a clio 172 as my runaround. built like only the french do but damn it is fun and cheap to run. now i cant stop telling people how much fun it is.
not as good as the teg mind but fast renaults can be had for pocket money these days + dont care where i park it up and doesnt seem to attract any unwanted attention.

as for what you get next........good luck. i still haven't found anything tempting for price/performance and all round package

stux

Advanced Member
A few BMW suggestions :

BMW M5 E34 (straight six)
BMW M5 E39 (V8)
BMW M3 Evolution E36 (321bhp)
BMW M3 E46
BMW 840ci (Manual gearbox)

:-k

With the economy the way and fuel prices the way (vat increases etc), it could be a big mistake buying anything turbocharged or 4WD with

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
vtecboy said:
Even after a few upgrades it feels horribly underpowered.

Whats the spec? Maybe we could suggest a few improvements,for more POWA.................... :lol:

cpoh

Advanced Member
I have mentioned it a few times before, the DC5 is not real world fast in a straight line. After over 2 years of ownership i dont get any buzz from redlining my DC5 in a straight line through the gears - it is super in the twisties though and in ireland where motor tax is horrendous (think €1500 a year to tax a 3L car) it makes sense to have it. There really isint much to touch it reliability and csot wise bar insurance.

If I was in the uk I would have an E46 M3 any day of the week. Edge of the seat fast in a straight line, handles superbly, practical, and tyres aside the same cost roughly to service and put petrol in.

Maybe i need a kpro for my DC5 to spice things up \:D/

Stoo

Whining.....
cpoh said:
I have mentioned it a few times before, the DC5 is not real world fast in a straight line
cpoh said:
RE E46 M3 - Edge of the seat fast in a straight line
cpoh said:
Yes!!

K-Pro'd DC5's + the usual extras are an easy match for an E46 M3 in a straight line.
Trust me!

Grov

Banned
E39 M5 would get me excited, a lot of car for the money. Another league running the thing though.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Stoo said:
cpoh said:
I have mentioned it a few times before, the DC5 is not real world fast in a straight line
cpoh said:
RE E46 M3 - Edge of the seat fast in a straight line
cpoh said:
Yes!!

K-Pro'd DC5's + the usual extras are an easy match for an E46 M3 in a straight line.
Trust me!
i did wonder about an M3...

rodney

Advanced Member
Hoooollllllllllllldddd Uppppppppppp =;

I don't think anyones mentioned the R26R :?:

Weapon in the corners
Turbo tuning goodness
Rare as fooook
Plenty of room for a surfboard with no seats in the back?
Horny Titanium exhaust (option)

I would give that a look had I not have a 19 month old.

?

Stoo

Whining.....
rodney said:
Hoooollllllllllllldddd Uppppppppppp =;

I don't think anyones mentioned the R26R :?:

Weapon in the corners
Turbo tuning goodness
Rare as fooook
Plenty of room for a surfboard with no seats in the back?
Horny Titanium exhaust (option)

I would give that a look had I not have a 19 month old.

?
Dude, drove one when I had my R26

Lovely, weapon, I'd still have a DC5!

alucardo

Advanced Member
R26R tried to hang onto one at oulton driven by an instructor he disappeared after a few corners car was on rails also significant gap in driver talent....

As for a kpro V m3 im pretty sure an m3 will have the grunt in a striaght line bearing in mind there sub 5 second to 60 with lots of useable torque. However brakes arnt up to much from what ive read its a good reason why ive not looked seriously at them.

Andy.

Advanced Member
Grov said:
E39 M5 would get me excited, a lot of car for the money. Another league running the thing though.
Me too, i really like the E39 M5. I'd have one over an E60, in fact.

mikegsi

Staff member
silverdevill said:
Hayabusa powered westfield would be the only thing i'd sell my teg for i think!...... :D

my freshly purchased 'toy' just needs putting back together after a respray and full service! race tuned hayabusa engine putting out around 250bhp :shock:

getting it dropped off at mine this next week for my winter build ready for next year!!

Stoo

Whining.....
alucardo said:
As for a kpro V m3 im pretty sure an m3 will have the grunt in a striaght line bearing in mind there sub 5 second to 60 with lots of useable torque. However brakes arnt up to much from what ive read its a good reason why ive not looked seriously at them.
I promise you, pound for pound, from a standing start, up to 155+, i had the legs on an E46 M3!
Over and over again!!
Guy i work with has one, SMG, so he was using launch control!

Oh and before the 'legal' ponces jump on this, this wasnt on a public road

Hoodster

Advanced Member
I had a play with an Evo x in a straight line not so long back the evo driver didn't look too happy when the teg did him and even less pleased when he tried again only to be left sucking my exhaust fumes once again.

mikegsi

Staff member
I had a play with a Saxo vtr not long ago, I was on my Griffter and I smoked his ass.

I reckon those bread bag tags gotta give me a whole 2bhp advantage, however in his defence he did have around 300bhp worth of shopping list down each door :?