Bored with the teg, what next?

The Lum

Advanced Member
This might sound really boring but if I had £12k I'd buy a diesel 07/08 civic type s and remap her, wheels and suspension. Done. 180ish bhp, lovely looks, cheap insurance and great fuel economy. Then all the other money I would have spent on those older cars keeping them on the road I'd go on holiday or buy whatever else I wanted.

Andy.

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Heres another one... Accord CL7 8)

Should easily get one on your budget...
I want one of those when i need something sensible 8)

Grov

Banned
That accord looks great, back looks like a DC5, or very similar. Like the twin pipes to, hehe.

What are the specs on it?

CJ DC5

Advanced Member
Grov said:
That accord looks great, back looks like a DC5, or very similar. Like the twin pipes to, hehe.

What are the specs on it?
And how much? :green:

Cj

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Exactly the same spec as a DC5. 8)

Price varies, 20k miles would set you back 13-14k I could bet.

stux

Advanced Member
Euro R is really nice with aftermarket cams. Very good on track too. :xyes:

stux

Advanced Member
The Lum said:
Is the Euro R the same as it?
Can't remember which is which but one has a K20 and the other has an H22. I think the CL7 has the K20, but i'm sure someone else can confirm..... :xyes:

A guy on the accord forum (from barbados) had a K20 euro R and said that "you really to rev the thing to get the weight moving and keep it on the boil to get the best from it" :wink:

cpoh

Advanced Member
The Accord handles superbly in my experience, doesnt handle like a decent sized saloon at all - very similar to the DC5.

Check out the youtube vids of these vs the ep3 and dc5 - real world theyre not much slower than a DC5.

sinbad

Advanced Member
stux said:
The Lum said:
Is the Euro R the same as it?
Can't remember which is which but one has a K20 and the other has an H22. I think the CL7 has the K20, but i'm sure someone else can confirm..... :xyes:

A guy on the accord forum (from barbados) had a K20 euro R and said that "you really to rev the thing to get the weight moving and keep it on the boil to get the best from it" :wink:
Euro R CL1 has the H22 like the UKDM ATR and the Euro R CL7 has the K20A same as the DC5.

dave wilkinson

garytc78 said:
You Know I am matey. :D
Hows my Teg doing then?

its stunning mate, can'nt fault it! i'v only ever owned cars that have cost money and done 23 mpg or less since i was 18. this is a refreshing change! my plan was to get rid at the start of the year and get a csl, but i'v got attached to it #-o

you'll have to come for a run up the evo triangle next time we go :)