Borrowed an FD2 for an hour :)

wantadc5

Advanced Member
dc5mnw said:
I think the biggest issue for me is value for money- U can get so much car for 15k these days. S3, Evo10, Focus RS, 370z, Cayman but of course it depends on your individual requirements - it would be boring if everyone drove the same car!
I agree, if they were 10k I would have bought one now...or maybe even 12k.......as it is, I'm probably going to go get a e92 M3, as I am sure they're going to plummet...

sat in one as a passenger...didn't feel that fast...again though it's not all about going fast...

dotty

Advanced Member
I could have bought an E92 , Evo X or anything of that price bracket, for me it's about staying with the Red H ;)

mark type r

Advanced Member
For me, it was about coming back to the red H

Ive had an Evo X, Evo 8's, S15 and although they are great cars there is always something that annoys you. Service intervals, cost of fuel, problems, losing the ar$e end on a dual carriageway with cars all around.

Type R's are the best all rounders you can buy. The FD2 is the best Type R ive owned and driven

RNP

I've read this thread in amusement. I'm from Singapore and perhaps I'll start another thread sometime of my journey with the Honda red. But to offer some insight on how these cars are viewed here and in Malaysia, I'd first off start saying that the civic fd, is a very common car. We term non-type r's as fd and the type r as fd2r to avoid ambiguity. So by default, the fd2r is nothing special to look at as familiarity breeds indifference, rather than contempt in this case. That being said, I see minimally 2 fd2r's on the road each time I drive. A handsome car, but I would think that some degree of self-persuasion is going on if people truly view the fd2r as the better looking car (I'm driving a facelift dc5r). Next to note is that the fd2r isn't exactly a successor to the dc5r. It's a civic, not an Integra. It borrowed numerous features from the dc5r and ep3 even, then tweaked it. There wasn't as much of a ground up development as there was in the dc5r and ep3 concerning engine and drive train. I am not disputing that the fd2r is a faster car, but people should appreciate the fact that the dc5r paved the way rather significantly for the greatness of the k20 engine, and for that reason may hold a higher place in the history books.

dotty

Advanced Member
How many Ford Focus cars do you see in Singapore ?

Also genuinely interested to hear what is borrowed from the previous k20 engines ?

Manifold - different
Cams - different
Inlet manifold - different
Throttle body - different
Gearbox - different
Final drive - different
Air intake system - different
Drive by wire - different

Basically it has as standard, what most with an integra do afterwards to make it better

RNP

I agree with the differences. What I'm talking about is a a real engineering breakthrough, as they did from the b20 to the k20, and now from the k20 to the turbo. The truth is, many aftermarket manufacturers had upgrades for the dc5r prior to even the fd2r. Honda chose to develop similar upgrades which were more of refinements rather than something revolutionary. I am happy though, I do have a 5.1 final drive in mine which comes in handy. But to reiterate my point, if I had to describe the R in the fd2r it would be more of "refinements" rather than "revolutionary"

dotty

Advanced Member
To add , I'm not disputing the DC5 is a bad car by any stretch of the imagination. I had mine setup fairly well with top quality aftermarket modifications, feels header, eibach coilovers arc induction- rbc inlet Mugen twin loop and braces galore , including anti roll bars, and including kpro mapped by one of the best in the business (mase) it was a lovely machine , when I collected it after it had been stripped to more or less standard (less a twinloop) i felt it had lost its urgency , don't get me wrong it was still a quick car but it was half the car it was. When I collected my FD2 which at that time was standard with the exception of the Toda cat back it felt even better than my integra did with all of the above fitted. Now it is mapped I can't sing its praises loud enough, I have been out and about in it today trying to explore its limits and the thing just continues to amaze me with the amount of grip it has, in an ideal world I would have an integra too, as I love them to bits and and it took some serious self persuasion to sell it, when I had my first DC5 they were very few and far between in this country , I suppose a bit like the FD2 is now , where you'll see two on the road daily I've yet to see another, I had seen one on the road here months ago and that was a silver one.

Mebz

Advanced Member
This thread needs to be closed and removed from the forum.

I'd just managed to convince myself that the integra is the right car for me.

moodyedge

Advanced Member
I like them....
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndaUTJUEzDg

It did wipe the floor with the dc5 in the battle at the end

dotty

Advanced Member
Cheap as chips!!!

Well guys, after nearly 6 years of ownership, the time has come to sell my FD2.
The car is just under 8 years old, has been lovingly HONDA serviced and looked after through out its time with the previous owner and myself.
The car was supplied new from Dicksons of Perth in 2007
It has the LOWER road TAX band.
The mileage is around 83000, (will rise until sold).
It is Champ White.
It has fitted the following MUGEN accessories...
FRONT SPLITTER...
FRONT SPORTS GRILLE...
WIND DEFLECTORS...
S/STEEL SPORTS EXHAUST SYSTEM...
(original OEM exhaust will be supplied with the car)
OIL CAP (red)
RADIATOR CAP
Others include...
Team Dynamic black matt 18" alloy wheels (original honda wheels will be supplied with the car)
Black VINYL ROOF (fitted by CLYDE WRAPS Rutherglen)
Privacy glass (fitted by PENTAGON, Glasgow)
Honda Access red floor mats (bit of wear on drivers)
ICE - Kenwood DDX7029 Monitor with DVD receiver (supplied and fitted by SKIDZ falkirk)
It has a FULL Honda documented Service History including ALL MOT docs.
Fuel - always SHELL V=POWER (lots of receipts will be provided)
In November 2013 the Clutch and Flywheel were replaced with ACT components along with the 3rd and 4rth gear syncros by Automec East Kilbride.

MOT'd till September 2015.
Road tax till feb 2016 but I believe the rules regarding the continued road tax have changed.
This a tidy and honest example of a truly great Honda which is defitnately worth a look.
I am asking £7950 ovno as i believe the price reflects it's age and mileage.
Reason for selling...??
I want to buy something else, and let others enjoy it.
Thanks for looking...Martin