Brake advice

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
What do you mean sorry?

I've tried measuring just the pad material width ways, am I doing it wrong?

James-T

Advanced Member
Measure from where the pad material meets the backing plate, to the edge of the pad material. How tall is it? 14 or 17mm?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just measured them and they look to be the correct size unless I'm doing it wrong lol which I probably am ha ha!!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Isn't that just a shim issue? Had it on an EP3, and the same ear piercing shrill (unless you anchored on), sorted by a set of shims.

Sam.

Was pick up on the discs from daily driving the car, Did a track day not long after that cleared it all up, some hard stops would likely have done the same. That was DS2500's.

Spoon_Sports_Europe

Parts Trader
These Hawk pads are much like the DIXCEL Race series pads - Carbon semi metallic, very aggressive to rotors outside their operating temps - this is why we don't sell them for street unless a customer is adamant they need them. You will need a ferrous metal cleaner to keep your wheels and paint containment free.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Burn! Motorsport said:
These Hawk pads are much like the DIXCEL Race series pads - Carbon semi metallic, very aggressive to rotors outside their operating temps - this is why we don't sell them for street unless a customer is adamant they need them. You will need a ferrous metal cleaner to keep your wheels and paint containment free.
Perhaps so but they will stop well and I'd take that over the OEM pads any day of the week even if it means rotor wear.

Spoon_Sports_Europe

Parts Trader
Crazylegs said:
Perhaps so but they will stop well and I'd take that over the OEM pads any day of the week even if it means rotor wear.
Sorry wasn't meant to come across as a negative, just advice to help out.

paul hughes

We used SPD Automotives own concoction set up on one of our DC5 Road Demo cars and no.2 Nippon Challenge Race car, it won class in every race it finished and only didn't win one race outright in the whole season due to Nissan Works team turning up in 370Zs. so they were good enough brakes for race track and road Demo IMO... I think they might be £520+vat for the whole lot.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Much better heat management Mike as the 2 piece setup allows the rotor to expand at a different rate to the bell . This stabilises brake temps and provides more consistent braking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk